DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is I Don't Fear That Bitch - 2/26/2018

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Rick said:

I think it's more so Vince/Creative finally manipulating the fans into getting behind Roman/adopting an interest in the feud. Before Raw I couldn't care less, after Raw, we're all talking about it.

It's still not a very interesting feud. It needs more Brock and Roman playing tug of war over the belt.

• Like 4

All Dave said last night is that he doesn't know and that Braun looks like a just in case plan.

Remember though, in 2007, Orton bought from Signature after his failed test and suspension and WWE still used that suspension as an excuse not to punish him again. They'll do what they want with Roman. Unless Bravo releases something ironclad and extremely damming, and unless it gets picked up by mainstream outlets, it'll be fine.

As for Brock, I assume everything is fine but the dude has been known to flake and to use UFC as leverage. If he can get that Jones fight (pending USADA decision) he'd be crazy not to take it. 

17 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Any guesses who Cesaro & Sheamus face at WM? Perhaps a big multi-team clusterfuck? I assume the AoP make their main roster debut the night after. 

I think Matt Hardy & Bray Wyatt should team up. Bray is toast as far as a singles competitor, and Matt is too banged up to be a singles. Make them a weird woken/broken combo and fast-track them to a Mania match.

• Like 2

Thought Roman's promo was money last night as was the Miz doing some typically fantastic promo work. I'm glad they seem to be moving towards Miz v Rollins v Balor instead of Miz just getting squashed by Braun at Mania. Even though that three way was a Raw main event a year ago, it's a much more interesting overall match and should be very good again. I like them actually keeping Mickie with Alexa, always thought their original duo was too short lived and it worked well for the tag last night. Still figure Asuka ends up picking Charlotte but I loved last month's Asuka/Alexa match.

1 minute ago, Marty Sugar said:

I think Matt Hardy & Bray Wyatt should team up. Bray is toast as far as a singles competitor, and Matt is too banged up to be a singles. Make them a weird woken/broken combo and fast-track them to a Mania match.

Have Matt baptize Bray in the Lake of Reincarnation, so we can get Max Cady-Bray back.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Doesn't Brock's contract run out right after WM?

Meltzer has said that Vince "doesn't trust" Rollins to be the man, for some reason or other.

I assume Vince was scared by a crossfitter when he was a baby.

That and his first run as a cowardly heel champ went over like a lead balloon.  Him needing HHH and Steph for protection did a lot of damage to his Champion cred.

That Bar promo was weird. It felt like someone was being setup to come challenge them and then nothing.

I guess maybe if they blow off Hardy/Bray maybe Brother Nero will be back in time for Woken Hardys to challenge?

Just now, evilwaldo said:

That and his first run as a cowardly heel champ went over like a lead balloon.  Him needing HHH and Steph for protection did a lot of damage to his Champion cred.

Maybe someone should have told Vince booking his top champion as third banana to his daughter and son-in-law was a bad idea.

• Like 1

With the documentary debuting shortly after WM, they may be prepping Braun to win the Andre in dominant fashion. I bet the match makes the main show this year and if that proves true, having Braun eliminate 18 or so guys will make some noise on general sports websites. WWE would love that.

How awesome would it be for Matt to try to save Bray via the Lake of Reincarnation, only for the rebirth of psycho swamp killing preacher Bray to be the result? Go full-on with it, make it a Dracula vs Helsing death feud. Get to watching Hammer's Dracula collection, Matt!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

With the documentary debuting shortly after WM, they may be prepping Braun to win the Andre in dominant fashion. I bet the match makes the main show this year and if that proves true, having Braun eliminate 18 or so guys will make some noise on general sports websites. WWE would love that.

Meltzer said they're going to feature the AtGBR heavily this year and fill it with more pushed wrestlers and fewer jobbers.

I wonder if that means some of the Fandango-Breeze-Heath Slater-level jobbers are going to miss out on WM bonus checks this year?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Maybe someone should have told Vince booking his top champion as third banana to his daughter and son-in-law was a bad idea.

Here is a comprehensive list of everything Vince McMahon understands:

1) Every spoken sentence should contain the words "God damn"

2) Every single non-performer employee is named "Pal"

3) The audience have the memory span of a goldfish, therefore you must CONSTANTLY remind them of your domination. 

4) Making japanese speaking people do long promos in english is GOD DAMNED FUNNY PAL! HA! GOD DAMN!

5) Hogan...err Cena.... uh make that Roman must pose. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

That Bar promo was weird. It felt like someone was being setup to come challenge them and then nothing.

I guess maybe if they blow off Hardy/Bray maybe Brother Nero will be back in time for Woken Hardys to challenge?

Agreed on the Bar promo. If it were the night after WM, Paul Ellering would have led the AoP out to squash them. I really want to see Cesaro duck out of the ring and leave Sheamus as the gazelle being slaughtered by the lions. 

Rhonda has all the emoting range of a T-1000, which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. Of course, emotionless killing machine cyborg ladies shouldn't be appeased by any kind of apology much less one as insincere as Stephanie's. Then again, just taking Steph's bitch slap like it was merely a patronizing caress is still less undermining than Asuka having to sell that stupid midget runt knockout punch.  I'm good as long as Triple H taps like a bitch to Rhonda for the big WrestleMania moment.

19 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

3) The audience have the memory span of a goldfish, therefore you must CONSTANTLY remind them of your domination. 

4) Making japanese speaking people do long promos in english is GOD DAMNED FUNNY PAL! HA! GOD DAMN!

Number 4 made me LOL

Number 5 is so true and confuses me as to why Roman still wears the goddamn chest protector. You'd think Vince would want to see more of that guy on his screen.

Its interesting that we have not 1 but 2 big Mania matches that directly play off of something from Wrestlemania 31. So now you commentary mentioning "Couple of years ago at Wrestlemania" when its not a thing they usually do outside of maybe Taker matches.

50 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

I want to say that goldfish could probably figure out how to tell two guys named "Lance" apart - especially when they don't look anything alike and generally aren't appearing together.

I kinda want Toni Storm to sign with the WWE, but I don't want to see Tony Nese go through an identity crisis as a result.

• Like 1