Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
The Natural

FEBRUARY 2018 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Rows said:

02_BTS_ROYALRUMBLE_01282018kb_1013--b1ae

Was Roman related to Rosey? Or is it the "he's my uncle because he stopped round for tea and biscuits a couple of times" type relative?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His (much) older brother

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Red is Dead said:

Was Roman related to Rosey? Or is it the "he's my uncle because he stopped round for tea and biscuits a couple of times" type relative?

What Brian said

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anoaʻi_family

If you want to go down the rabbit hole.

Obviously it gets confusing when multiple generations call each other cousin (like the Usos are technically Reigns 1st cousin once removed but obviously they call each other "Cous")

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's like this, basically: Joe isn't realated to them at all (except that Samoan culture holds that they are all related)

Rock is related only insomuch that his maternal grandfather was "blood brother" to old man Anoa'i.

Pretty much all the rest of the Samoan wrestlers WWE have ever had are actually blood relatives.

EDIT: Nia is Rock's actual cousin as well, I think on his maternal grandmother's side, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Uh... I went down that rabbit hole one night.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

His (much) older brother

Looks like Rosey and Roman are 15 yrs apart. My half-sister is 12 years younger than I am. 

 

Interesting to see that Gary Albright married into the family, too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Kronos said:

Looks like Rosey and Roman are 15 yrs apart. My half-sister is 12 years younger than I am. 

 

Interesting to see that Gary Albright married into the family, too. 

Matt (Rosey) came to see Joe (Roman) at GT once when we were all there. This is when I lived in the ULC where Joe and most of the other athletes lived. EVERYONE was convinced Matt was his dad. Pretty funny stuff....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2018 at 7:19 AM, RIPPA said:

Like wrestling's cutest couples was right there.

I mean come on!

7bcad6e87d728dde2c54571dd3cc6a1e--harley

A better couple:

nwDNfKt.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just love that these photos still escape into the wild every now and then after I originally uploaded them 15-20 years ago. :D

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pete said:

I just love that these photos still escape into the wild every now and then after I originally uploaded them 15-20 years ago. :D

Apparently a corpsing Kamala escaped from the wild...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Captain Kronos said:

Is it possible Hansen's kimono didn't fit him? :lol:

I don't know, but Brody's flip flops sure as hell didn't.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pete said:

I just love that these photos still escape into the wild every now and then after I originally uploaded them 15-20 years ago. :D

Well they are still on the DVDVR server so they ain't going anywhere.

Almost all of the Land of Sadness managed to survive the multiple server crashes

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2018 at 3:50 AM, bazzil said:

zb9x69oakid01.jpg

Please make him the real leader of the Black Lotus Triad

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Please make him the real leader of the Black Lotus Triad

He might be, but I would keep that shit on the DL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That photo means nothing of the sort.  Hojo is under WWE contract.

 

I don't know that the people would decide these things have seen any of Suziki's work tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2018 at 10:59 AM, Captain Kronos said:

63131838_92c313736424213.jpg

I'm not sure if he's there to protect her from us or us from her.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2018 at 4:20 AM, Brian Fowler said:

It's like this, basically: Joe isn't realated to them at all (except that Samoan culture holds that they are all related)

Rock is related only insomuch that his maternal grandfather was "blood brother" to old man Anoa'i.

Pretty much all the rest of the Samoan wrestlers WWE have ever had are actually blood relatives.

EDIT: Nia is Rock's actual cousin as well, I think on his maternal grandmother's side, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Uh... I went down that rabbit hole one night.

Maternal grandfather. She even has Peter Maivia's last name (Fanene)

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2018 at 8:01 AM, Captain Kronos said:

Is it possible Hansen's kimono didn't fit him? :lol:

YAY I GET TO BE THIS GUY

not a kimono, it's a kesho-mawashi. once sumo wrestlers reach the two upper-most divisions, they have them made custom to express some part of their personality. They can express anything from inspirational iconography...

306_Kondo.jpg

...to what enormous dorks they are.

index.jpg

sumo rules

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×