DVDVR Message Board

2018 RING OF HONOR THREAD

I'm going to try to see if I can get the replay to work for myself in the next 10 mins. 

Last night I tried one last gasp and I did see all of the Last Man Standing match most of the Tag match then the stream got shitty again during the Bully Angle/ the 1st 5 or 10 mins of Omega vs. Cody after that no issues. 

They are throwing out a $10 coupon for the proshop or $40 coupon for VIP members.  Another shit move by these classless pricks. Last nights show wasn't a pay per view so the VIP should make no difference. Give everyone $40 for missing what was deemed your biggest show ever.   Fuck them cancelling my membership

TY Brian, I just emailed them also requesting to cancel and for refund. I told them it pisses me off that they spoiled matches that I couldn't see as well as mentioned the $40 credit for VIP and only $10 for non VIP  when this wasn't even a ppy event.  They are going to lose fans and money over this shitty honor club device.

1 hour ago, Overly Critical Man said:

You run a women's tournament filled with all sorts of talents and big names including a woman you've given a two year undefeated streak...so how the hell does Sumie Sakai end up winning the tournament?

Have a Lizard man as booker. 

• Haha 1

Guest Edwin

Honor Nation,

It is with regret that we continue to face issues with our LIVE stream at Supercard of Honor for Honorclub members. While these issues are mostly out of our immediate control, as preventive measures were put in place, it is ultimately our responsibility to deliver what you deserve. As merely a short term remedy, we will be providing $40 coupons to the ROH Proshop for all VIP members, and $10 coupons to all other subscribers. Please look for these in the coming week via email. In the meantime, we will get everything back up and running and hope you enjoy the replay as it is yours as long as you are a member.

In a perfect world, the Honorclub would have been flawless out of the gate. Sadly, this has not held true, but we promise you that we will not stop improving and growing this platform beyond what it should be , and into what it could be. We greatly appreciate all of you that stay with us through these bumps in the road, and that continue to enjoy the ROH experience everywhere you can.

ROH

Just saw this. Might interest some of you. What a deal!

Also, I haven't been following ROH in about 10 or so years, but from what I have seen, Marty Scurll and Punishment Martinez are two of the worse pro-wrestlers I have ever seen.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:20 PM, Overly Critical Man said:

You run a women's tournament filled with all sorts of talents and big names including a woman you've given a two year undefeated streak...so how the hell does Sumie Sakai end up winning the tournament?

To keep people from setting their seats on fire when Brandi Rhodes's hand was raised in victory?

Putting the title on Sumie Sakai was not ideal booking, but it was safe booking.  She's a vet and a name with smark approval.  Sell her rep to shine up the title for whomever beats her for the belt later on... most likely Tenille Dashwood.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2018 at 7:19 PM, Web Conn said:

Why the fuck was Flip Gordon all over the show and why the fuck is he over with the crowd?

Which is weird because he was booed on almost every other show he was on that weekend

As far the Women of Honor thing, it is clear they don't really care that much about it because how can you make her victory a big deal when you have people running all over the place putting ladders and tables around the ring for the next match.    I assume it was in plain sight for everyone to see.  Also something that there was a 16 person tournament and maybe 5 or 6 of them came out for the match in the middle.   

I really didnt have any problem with Sumie winning because she really is last remaining pioneer of ROH women's wrestling.   I believe she was on the 1st ever women's match.   In terms of name value Tenille is probably the best choice.  Hey at least the title was given based on some form of merit and not the romantic experience of ROH officials

Tenille and Klein should have been the finals have them lady hoss for close to 15 minutes and Klein picks up the victory. I would have also done the Bully angle at the Philly tapings. If they wanted to include Bully and The Dawgs I would have had The Dawgs come out after intermission (which I would not have had) had the Dawgs do their thing then Bully comes out feeds them Dusty Elbows then run Briscoes vs Lethal and Tanahashi.

• Like 1

I think that Sumie winning is a slap in the face to people like Deonna Purrazzo who constantly push ROH and the WOH brand all over social media and have worked a great deal of ROH shows. I also believe she signed an ROH contract recently too.  Just another bad decision in the many ROH has made recently.