DVDVR Message Board

2018 RING OF HONOR THREAD

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:30 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Clearly somebody needs to contact Cheeseburger's people because that's a cry for help if there ever was one. I've heard of people wanting to die in the ring, but damn...

If they book the match now, there will be plenty of time to write up an eloquent eulogy for poor Cheeseburger.

19 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Mentioned it in the lucha section, but Matt Taven beat Volador tonight to win the historical NWA welterweight title at arena Mexico. 

But that is a CMLL belt not recognized by Corgan's NWA, right?  NWA Mexico went down in flames back in 2013.

When did they split that belt off from the J-Crown title?

Presumably not, but tonight, they curiously were calling it the NWA welterweight title and not the Historic NWA welterweight title, which it (and others) have been for years. So, maybe there was a deal? Unsure. At 1:40:55 of tonight's show already posted by cmll.

All things considered I think it would make sense for CMLL to buy NWA brand (obviously if it is not very expensive) since in terms of style and booking they are probably closest to what NWA was  from all current major (and minor I guess) promotions still operating. So I think it it is possible that they made some kinda deal with Corgan. Corgan might be a fan of wrestling and have many weird ideas, but at the same time I think he would want to have some exit option ready if things don't pick up.

Corgan's a huge money mark and I am not so sure that he'd walk away from his pet federation without serious financial compensation, especially given all of the legal wrangling he's had to navigate through to get where he is today.

On 3/30/2018 at 5:57 AM, cubbymark said:

Perhaps the asswhipping he gets from Minoru will earn his respect, and Cheeseburger joins Suzuki-Gun...

My God, this MUST happen for the love of all that is holy!!!

Was just told  the honor club roku beta was just working and that  events are finally in order. Sadly the app then disappeared.  I am hoping this works by Saturday as I would love to watch the show live and legally.   I can't be the only guy who has waited since February fr these guys to get their shit together can I?  I mean my god over a month and still no official roku or android app announced to the public. When you see CZW, AIW, AAW,  Highspots, WWN, Rev Pro, Progress, Powerbombtv,  and so many more doing this without a hitch  it really makes ROH look like shit

12 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Sinclair's is really good at making themselves look like shit.

FTFY.  Fucking cheap-ass bastards can't get their shit together.  They're much more concerned with 1984 propaganda than they are getting things working right for a company they own.  I know they saved ROH, but if there's a ever a chance where ROH can break free and be fine I'd fully support that idea.

• Like 3

https://www.f4wonline.com/ring-honor/opening-match-announced-roh-supercard-honor-xii-254861

Chuckie T vs Jonathan Gresham is going to be the opening match at Supercard. Chuckie T has been hitting his stride as of late. All you have to do is wait till everyone else is signed to the WWE and then you become at Indie Darling by proxy. 

The Pittsburgh show finally has an announced match too. Wonder why they have announced matches for all the other shows but not Pittsburgh?  At first i thought maybe there would be some big title changes this Saturday but even so why wait this long to announce the lineup that they did?  No Omega, no NJPW talent,  not looking good.

Pittsburgh's match is Flip Gordon challenging for the TV Championship, it' not even a match that would get people to buy a ticket.

Cody get his rematch against Dalton yet? Maybe put that on the Pittsburgh show.

14 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

The Pittsburgh show finally has an announced match too. Wonder why they have announced matches for all the other shows but not Pittsburgh?  At first i thought maybe there would be some big title changes this Saturday but even so why wait this long to announce the lineup that they did?  No Omega, no NJPW talent,  not looking good.

This is one of the reasons I sold my ticket last week. Ended up making an $80 profit off of my front row seat. *shrug*

Yeah, I haven't missed an ROH show here yet but I think IWC in Meadville is the better option.  Mysterio vs DJ Z    and Mark Henry, Jack Swagger,  Rikishi, and Chelsea Green on the same show.  It's a longer drive but it will be fun.  ROH has to be the most unorganized clusterfuck going right now.

9 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Yeah, I haven't missed an ROH show here yet but I think IWC in Meadville is the better option.  Mysterio vs DJ Z    and Mark Henry, Jack Swagger,  Rikishi, and Chelsea Green on the same show.  It's a longer drive but it will be fun.  ROH has to be the most unorganized clusterfuck going right now.

Just noticed that they have Pittsburgh listed as a TV Taping now instead of a House Show. 

Spoilered for size:

Spoiler

ROH STEEL CITY EXCELLENCE
SATURDAY, APRIL 14THBELL TIME @ 07:00 PM EDT
STAGE AE
400 N SHORE DRIVE
15212 PITTSBURGH

ALREADY SIGNED:

ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
WINNER OF ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP LAST MAN STANDING MATCH AT SUPERCARD OF HONOR BETWEEN CHAMPION KENNY KING AND SILAS YOUNG vs. FLIP GORDON

SIGNED TO APPEAR:
CURRENT ROH WORLD CHAMPION DALTON CASTLE & THE BOYS
CURRENT ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE BRISCOES (JAY & MARK)
CURRENT ROH WORLD SIX-MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS SOCAL UNCENSORED (CHRISTOPHER DANIELS, FRANKIE KAZARIAN, & SCORPIO SKY)
“THE AMERICAN NIGHTMARE” CODY
“THE VILLAIN” MARTY SCURLL
ADAM PAGE
THE YOUNG BUCKS
JAY LETHAL
THE MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS (ALEX SHELLEY & CHRIS SABIN)
ROH ENFORCER BULLY RAY
COAST 2 COAST (SHAHEEM ALI & LSG)
THE KINGDOM (MATT TAVEN, VINNY MARSEGLIA & TK O'RYAN)
THE DAWGS (RHETT TITUS & WILL FERRARA)
PUNISHMENT MARTINEZ
BEER CITY BRUISER & BRIAN MILONAS
JOSH WOODS
SHANE TAYLOR
CAPRICE COLEMAN
CHEESEBURGER
JONATHAN GRESHAM
“THE EXOTIC GODDESS” MANDY LEON
“THE GATEKEEPER” KELLY KLEIN
SUMIE SAKAI
DEONNA PURRAZZO
JENNY ROSE
MADISON RAYNE
TENILLE DASHWOOD
BRANDI RHODES

Kind of crazy to see a WOH match main event ROH's TV show and have no mention of it being historic.  I mean, it has to be the first WOH match to headline an ROH show, right?  Yet, it was kinda passed off as the sub-main because of the earlier main event (Dalton/Kenny-Briscoes).  Solid match, too.  Mayu (Too lazy to google her last name) is great (I've never really seen her before, not a big joshi guy) but I think she's kinda head-and-shoulders above the other women in the tourney, no disrespect to the rest of the field given the relative short-length of time a lot of them've been wrestling (Mandy, Q, Brandi etc.) but it feels kinda like if Connor McDavid took a break from the NHL and played against a bunch of beer league teams.

Didn't really care for the Cody-Kenny showdown coming down to "Haha, your wife has compromised morals" when there's so much else for them to be fighting for.