DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES TALK (2018 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Grim Dawn is getting another expansion, this time Egyptian themed.  No release date yet but they say they'll be releasing more info on the 19th.

I guess I need to get off my ass and finish the first expansion.

Fucking hell, they are really not pissing around. It's such a pure game. The story is totally disposable nonsense so you can spend 99.99% of your time punching skeletons, as our forefathers and mothers intended.

Also I doubt this actually excited anyone but me here, but THEY have announced a sequel to ONE FINGER DEATH PUNCH, which is great news.

Dead Cells appears to be leaving Early Access pretty soon and just dropped the "final" boss in an update, so if that game interests you grabbing it at the current 33% off sale is probably wise, since a small price-hike post "launch" is likely expected.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Super Smash Brothers on the Switch and it was announced in a really cool way.

That Nintendo Direct started iffy and wound up being really cool. Lots of good shit coming.

You know, I got real real close to buying a WiiU a couple years ago because I wanted to play DKC: Tropical Freeze and Captain Toad, but I found the cost to be absurd.

Having a modicum of impulse control REALLY paid off for me, guys!

Sea of Thieves is running a final beta this weekend available to everybody. Instructions for PC and xbone are here. You may experience issues with connectivity as it's their biggest scale test to date. 

The Splatoon 2 Octo expansion looks unexpectedly dark based on the trailer. Can't say I'm excited since I have no interest in Splatoon at all.

Mario Tennis gives me no hope at all. I fully expect online matches for me to be over in 30 seconds due to player online fully mastering racket breaking shots. That doesn't sound like fun at all. Thanks Nintendo.

But Dark Souls footage and Amiibo? Yay, I guess.

1 hour ago, Tromatagon said:

Does it have that annoying xbox exclusive timed thing like last time?

As a PS4 guy that made me lose interest in the last one.  It took so long to come out for us that I completely lost all hype for it.

It didn't kill my interest, but it damn sure pissed me off. Looks like it won't be issue thime. People have already screwed around with the site  to find info early including that it will be on PS4.

• Like 1

For me, I didn't think about it enough to get mad.  Initially yeah, but then I completely forgot it existed until I saw some of my friends playing it on the activity feed.

I feel like 90% of upcoming games have to be all REMEMBER ME MOTHERFUCKER SMACK SMACK for me to keep them in mind these days, especially when everything I like gets delayed like the industry as a whole or perhaps the universe hates me

Burnout Paradise Remastered comes out tomorrow. I always wanted to play that game on 360 and never got around to it, but for $40 (well, $32 with GCU), I'm there. I also have wanted to play Forza Horizon for awhile, but that looks not quite arcadey enough, and Burnout Paradise looks like the open-world arcade-style driving game of my dreams.