DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is AIR BIG SHOW~! - 9/4/2017

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If Braun is going to put Big Show out to pasture, there's only one way to do it.

Man, I loved everything about this. The fucking Bluesmobile complete with giant megaphone, the coffin ride, and the Window Sticker STILL on the car.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

Having Booker tell you you're "looking real jacked, baby" has to be one of the more prestigious honors in WWE. Congrats, Seth. 

Whatever pre-show it was that had Erick Rowan coming out to be weird to the panel that just had Booker saying "LOOKIN' JACKED!!!" over and over has to be one of the top 5 preshow moments ever.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I thought the best part of the cage match was when Show was trying to climb up to the top and you know he couldn't do it, but he was trying and he managed to pull himself half way up onto that tiny catwalk they have around the top of the cage. In his face you could tell he was like "no fucking way am I going all the way up. They must be nuts". I would honestly not be surprised if someone was like "Show, we need you to take a slam off the top of the cage" just so they could play up the double re-enforced gimmick for the ring.

Was THAT supposed to be Roman Reigns winning a promo fight with John Cena? It was like this:

1: My dick is so big.

2: You're gay.

3: You won't fight me like a moron even though you just wrestled Jason Jordan? What a wuss.

I'd say Cena demolished him again. Better luck next week, Roman (maybe the writers will give you better stuff).

Good Cena/Jordan match. Pretty good Jeff Hardy/Miz match. Big Show and Strowman had a very good match with some great highspots. I wonder if this is the end (maybe give or take a few appearances) for Big Show's career? A great and long run to be sure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was willing to give the first Roman/Cena "shoot promo battle" a pass because I felt they toed the Promo 101 line.

(NOTE: Promo 101 states "if you call your opponent a loser and you beat a loser...who did you beat? Or worse...what happens when that loser beats you?")

But this second one was kinda shitty, with Roman outright calling Cena shitty/old, and burying Jason Jordan for no reason, and both of them talking about genitalia and being fake-ass bitches. The emotion is there, and the "I don't respect you" part is fine and all, but the verbiage needs a lot of work.

• Like 5

I feel like Roman on his best day is going to get shown up by a half-decent Cena promo.  So I'm wondering who thinks this is a good idea... and why?  Nothing says "root for my guy" like putting your future ace in a position where he'll look bad against the current ace.  Maybe Vince thinks Roman can get over on sympathy if Cena shows him up often enough.  I don't agree, but I'm not a 70--ish millionaire (billionaire?) who had his blood replaced by Red Bull, so what do I know?

2 hours ago, CastleVania Rey said:

Was THAT supposed to be Roman Reigns winning a promo fight with John Cena? It was like this:

1: My dick is so big.

2: You're gay.

That's pretty much how Attitude Era Rock and Rapper Era Cena won their promo battles.

• Like 1

Crazy complex idea for WWE creative next week:

1: Cena talks about how Roman is a fake chump for a bit.

2: Roman comes out and gets in the ring.

3: Cena continues his speech to Roman in person.

4: Roman spears Cena mid-sentence.

5: Roman leaves.

But let's not get TOO daring, now.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, CastleVania Rey said:

Crazy complex idea for WWE creative next week:

1: Cena talks about how Roman is a fake chump for a bit.

2: Roman comes out and gets in the ring.

3: Cena continues his speech to Roman in person.

4: Roman spears Cena mid-sentence.

5: Roman leaves.

But let's not get TOO daring, now.

That's crazy talk. Emasculating Roman is how he'll get sympathy, pal!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

I mean, it's not the first time Show's done the move.

WWE_Survivor_Series_2011_Big_Show_elbow_

Yeah, but you can just see Show walking out and the lightbulb going off over Vince's head. "Hey Paul, since you'll be out for awhile and we're doing this reinforcing thing..." while thinking "DAMMIT I DID IT PAL, IT'LL BE GREAT" internally

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Yeah, but you can just see Show walking out and the lightbulb going off over Vince's head. "Hey Paul, since you'll be out for awhile and we're doing this reinforcing thing..." while thinking "DAMMIT I DID IT PAL" internally

Everyone always says that Vince won't ever ask the talent to do something he wouldn't do. I read that HBK's family was nervous about HBK doing the zipline entrance at WM12 so Vince got up there and did it himself.