Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD


RIPPA
 Share

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

I forgot what a huge draw the Godfather was during his career.  And Johnny Rodz put tons of asses in seats.

I'd argue both of them mean far more to the history of WWE than Jarrett. And Godfather was far more over at his peak than Jarrett ever was. He is one of the most remembered characters from the biggest business period in WWE history. The only way Jarrett got sorta over was the hardcore misogynist gimmick that was about as cheap heat as you could get.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Vince will put Dixie Carter in the HoF just to piss Jarrett off. Ultimately, who cares? It's not like it's a real hall of fame anyway.

But she did completely destroy a promotion that could've offered real competition to Vince, so in a way she DOES belong in a WWE hall of fame.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, sabremike said:

But she did completely destroy a promotion that could've offered real competition to Vince, so in a way she DOES belong in a WWE hall of fame.

If that's the criteria, then maybe Jarrett should be in. He fucked up TNA before Dixie did.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/07/14/matt-jeff-hardy-boyz-broken-wwe-impact

"Sources"

Might as well add a byline by Matt and Reby Hardy on it the way it's framed.  I don't understand the fetishism of painting the Hardys as victims.  What have they lost?  What are their damages?  They still have their best known ring names and they've certainly made more money with WWE this year than they did all last with TNA.  They don't have Borash to shoot for them and WWE would never do such corny-looking effects so the gimmick wouldn't resemble the original so they should just come up with something different and save themselves the drama.  And they should really eliminate the 'Delete' stuff anyway cause people are just doing Nazi salutes anymore.

People act like the owl men owe the Hardys something.  They bought TNA.  The gimmick is part of TNA's IP.  This is like if you bought a used car and one of the engineers demands you give it to them because they designed it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, BEN! said:

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/07/14/matt-jeff-hardy-boyz-broken-wwe-impact

"Sources"

Might as well add a byline by Matt and Reby Hardy on it the way it's framed.  I don't understand the fetishism of painting the Hardys as victims.  What have they lost?  What are their damages?  They still have their best known ring names and they've certainly made more money with WWE this year than they did all last with TNA.  They don't have Borash to shoot for them and WWE would never do such corny-looking effects so the gimmick wouldn't resemble the original so they should just come up with something different and save themselves the drama.  And they should really eliminate the 'Delete' stuff anyway cause people are just doing Nazi salutes anymore.

People act like the owl men owe the Hardys something.  They bought TNA.  The gimmick is part of TNA's IP.  This is like if you bought a used car and one of the engineers demands you give it to them because they designed it.

Because its TNA. Duh. The narrative will never be anything other than them being in the wrong.

Back when Matt was getting DUI's every week and Jeff could barley walk, they were chastised for even hiring them in them in the first place. Now they owe them the world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't listen to the latest teleconference cause I didn't hear anything about Scott Steiner calling in and calling Jeremy Borash and Joseph Park fatasses but JB reportedly announced that John Hennigan, Taya Valkyrie, and OI4K (Crist Bros.) are scheduled for the August house shows.  Also, Gail Kim transitioning over to Madison Rayne's role as the Knockouts' agent/talent scout.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BEN! said:

I didn't listen to the latest teleconference cause I didn't hear anything about Scott Steiner calling in and calling Jeremy Borash and Joseph Park fatasses but JB reportedly announced that John Hennigan, Taya Valkyrie, and OI4K (Crist Bros.) are scheduled for the August house shows.  Also, Gail Kim transitioning over to Madison Rayne's role as the Knockouts' agent/talent scout.

Morrison, Taya & Drago are working the house show loop.

OI4K are actually debuting on TV. They were in Nashville this week shooting vignettes.

According to Konnan on his podcast, Mascarita Dorada (El Torito) is also coming in soon.

They've also just signed a couple of new knockouts. No word on who exactly though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/16/2017 at 8:50 PM, sabremike said:

I'd argue both of them mean far more to the history of WWE than Jarrett.

Cyndi Lauper matters more to the history of WWE more than most people in the Hall of Fame. Let's not pretend the Hall of Fame means anything besides "Vince or Hunter like you right now."

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Thibs said:

Davey Richards is gone from the company to pursue a career as a doctor. Good for him. 

I don't hate Davey as much as most of this board, but I hope he is successful. It's always nice when anyone can get away from wrestling while still healthy for the most part.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Terry Funk says, "Go fuck yourself."

Actually, he probably wouldn't, because he's a really nice guy.  But you get my point.

Unless it was a promo, in which case Terry Funk would say "Fuck you, you low down, good for nothing, egg sucking son of a whore! You're a dirty dog! You're less than a dog!"

Foul mouthed Terry Funk is best Terry Funk.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Dolfan in NYC changed the title to 2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD
  • RIPPA featured this topic
  • RIPPA locked, unfeatured and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...