DVDVR Message Board

2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

13 hours ago, nofuture said:

So Jeff sells his shares of TNA when it was worth something, uses that money to start a skeletal promotion with no real intentions of expanding , then sells it back to TNA and get a comfy executive job?  Ain't he great. HA HA HA

Fixed; gotta have the Double J laugh in there

For those not click on the link (this via the WON)

When it was announced earlier this week that Impact Wrestling's parent company had officially acquired Global Force Wrestling, it wasn't entirely clear if that would result in any noticeable change in operations.

Now, it appears that Impact Wrestling is rebranding as Global Force Wrestling. A report from The Tennessean noted that today, with it saying that the move is to distance the company from the financial trouble and legal drama that had surrounded it under previous ownership.

The report said that the company's weekly TV show will still be called Impact and their offices will remain in Nashville.

"We're a global brand," Jeff Jarrett said. "We have partnerships in Mexico, Japan, other places. Collectively coming together, we've combined forces and basically the rebrand final touches happen at Slammiversary."

Anthem Vice President Ed Nordholm claimed that the rebrand was necessary due to the double entendre of the old TNA name and because of negative media coverage that the promotion received.

Impact Wrestling and Global Force Wrestling had become increasingly intertwined since Jeff Jarrett returned and took charge of creative after Anthem had purchased the company. GFW titles also began appearing on Impact, with them set to merge with Impact's belts at Slammiversary on Sunday.

Among other items from the article, it was mentioned that the new GFW is developing an on-demand streaming app for North America to make use of TNA's video library and that they're further working on finding their place in India and the United Kingdom.

2 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

So it's gonna be called Global Force Wrestling Impact. I hope they bring the neon green ropes to make it official.

I would think there's some green slime from Nickelodeon around at Universal Studios. We're going to see heels getting slimed as they enter the Global Impact Zone. The first heel to get slimed would be EC3. GFW is going to continually push how inept Dixie is by punishing her "nephew".

• Like 3

On 6/28/2017 at 11:59 AM, nofuture said:

So Jeff sells his shares of TNA when it was worth something, uses that money to start a skeletal promotion with no real intentions of expanding , then sells it back to TNA and get a comfy executive job?  Ain't he great.

Ron Fuller-level carnying right there. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thibs said:

We're all over looking the main reason why this makes sense-- no need for new belts now. 

Honestly, if it was Global Wrestling Federation I could live with it. 

If it was Global Wrestling Federation, I could live with it as long as we got the return of the bungee cord match.

• Like 3

This is such a cluster. Even last week when they announced the GFW "purchase", Nordholm talked about unifying the new "IMPACT" titles. So who knows how its gonna play out.

Never the less, so stupid. 

I don't really care who wins any of their titles, except for Rosemary. Without the broken Hardy's, Rosemary has been the shining light in the darkness of this company, so I'm going to be disappointed if Sienna wins the Global Impact whatever women's title.

On 6/30/2017 at 11:48 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If Jarrett was any more of a carny, he could do a remake of Tod Browning's Freaks.

I'd pop for the fans chanting "one of us!  One of us!  We accept you!  We accept you!  One of us!"  at every highspot.

• Like 1

Watching Ladies and Gentlemen, My Name Is Paul Heyman DVD the other day and when it went to ECW going out of business, it reminded me this fucking company has lasted longer than ECW and WCW. Fucking hell.

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to 2017 IMPACT (Soon Global Force!) DISCUSSION THREAD