DVDVR Message Board

SDL 12/20/16 Wildcard Finals Preview

Niners Fan in CT

18 minutes ago, Reed said:

You know, I always thought Raw and SD and the talk shows gave you hints about them being together.

Granted, I might be giving WWE Creative more credit for subtle long-term storytelling than they deserve.

But whenever Renee was interviewing The Shield or Ambrose in a TV tag match you got the sense of the other guys thinking: "Well, let's just leave her alone and be polite and keep our distance."

To keep the peace. 

It was more a case of not pretending the relationship didn't exist than any sort of story telling.

I've always believed the reason they put Becky as the lead face on Smackdown where the heels are green-but-learning Alexa and Carmella, and tired-act Nattie, is because they believe she is the best worker in the women's division and trust her to get good matches out of those girls, as well as helping them improve in the ring. 

15 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

So does TJP though most people I can assume wouldn't wear those lol

Speak for yourself, fella.  I'm going to Magfest next year and wouldn't mind having a pair.  Or I could just go to Hot Topic and get them.  They at least have LU and NXT shirts now.

I was highly amused at the La Lynchadora match.  I liked that she wrestled a totally different a style and the only giveaway it was her was when you could hear her voice.  As much as Alexa is the female MVP of SD, she needs Becky to really make her heel work be effective.  I'm loving this feud so much.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

I've always believed the reason they put Becky as the lead face on Smackdown where the heels are green-but-learning Alexa and Carmella, and tired-act Nattie, is because they believe she is the best worker in the women's division and trust her to get good matches out of those girls, as well as helping them improve in the ring. 

If that was the plan, they should've picked Bayley. Carrying Alexa, Carmella, and Nia was how she spent the last 10 months of her NXT run.