DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2016: WEEK FIFTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

International Games for next year have been announced

WEEK THREE: Baltimore Ravens "at" Jacksonville Jaguars (Wembley)

WEEK FOUR: New Orleans Saints "at" Miami Dolphins (Wembley)

WEEK SEVEN: Minnesota Vikings "at" Cleveland Browns (Twickenham)

WEEK EIGHT: Arizona Cardinals "at" Los Angeles Rams (Twickenham)

If you can't figure that out - Jags, Fins, Browns and Rams are the ones giving up home games

1st time in London for Ravens, Browns and Cards so that means only 6 more teams to go

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/13/nfl-moves-on-from-all-pink-october-will-let-teams-pick-cancer-charity/

Teams can now pick which cancer charity they want to support in October. No longer has to be breast cancer.

The initiative will still be called “A Crucial Catch,” but teams now have a say in the cause they’ll champion for about 18 percent of their schedule. They can still choose breast cancer, or another detectable, screenable cancer such as prostate or colorectal cancer—or one to which a player or coach has a personal tie. Teams can also support more than one cancer cause per season, and they can change their choice(s) from one season to the next. Similar to the “My Cause, My Cleats” campaign that debuted this year, in which players wore customized cleats to share a message for one game, it’s a break from the homogeneity of NFL campaigns in the past.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Sooooooooooo...

Jim Harbaugh's name is now floating out there for the next HC of the Rams.

Well now, that triumphant return home did not last long, eh? 

Steelers have the shitty Bengals this week which is in their division so they have to win.

Despised hated fucking Ravens have the shitty Philadelphia Eagles,

Like I said two years ago, if he's 0-3 against Ohio State, he may not need to consider offers, they're insane enough in Ann Arbor to just boot him.

There's a lot of hand-wringing denials coming from my Wolverine-fan friends on FB. 

I think they'd have to offer ALOT of money to get Harbaugh to consider that dumpster fire of a team. I think he'll jump back to the NFL sooner than later but it'll be for the right team not whatever they have going on in LA right now.

I don't think anyone with good standing name value will take that job. Mike Shanahan come on down.

1 minute ago, Tabe said:

I don't see Harbaugh leaving, at least not for the Rams. 

lol.  What part of "Savior of the marquis franchise in the second largest media market in the country" do you think does not appeal to his insane ego? Along with the opportunity to stick it to his former employer twice a year?  

I'm not saying it's definitely happening, he's definitely got a good thing going in Michigan. But the pieces fit, so I would not be at all surprised. 

5 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

lol.  What part of "Savior of the marquis franchise in the second largest media market in the country" do you think does not appeal to his insane ego? Along with the opportunity to stick it to his former employer twice a year?  

I'm not saying it's definitely happening, he's definitely got a good thing going in Michigan. But the pieces fit, so I would not be at all surprised. 

That's the main reason I could see him taking the job but I think he'll hold out to coach somewhere with "good" ownership after how his last NFL job went down.

I thought the knock on Harbaugh at the end of his SF run was his INTENSITY~~~!!! was getting tuned out by grown adults.  Maybe I imagined that.

I just don't see a return to the pros going well but...well...we are talking about the Rams.  How could it be any worse than Jeff Fisher?

Still and all, another couple of years of being Urban Meyer's bitch (ugh), and I can see Harbaugh running to take Daniel Snyder's money.

In addition to Harbaugh, the Rams seem to be the possible answer to "Whether Chucky?" this offseason, according to rumors.

As a "Mailing it in for the purpose of grifting an owner" opportunity, the Rams are a first-rate option. 

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

1st time in London for Ravens, Browns and Cards so that means only 6 more teams to go

For those that care - the teams that still haven't been to London

Carolina Panthers, Green Bay Packers, Philadelphia Eagles, Seattle Seahawks and Tennessee Titans

Houston has also never been to London but they did play in Mexico