DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2016: WEEK FIFTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

With the Raiders clinching their playoff berth - the Browns officially move into 2nd place on the longest current playoff drought. The Rams are nipping at their heels in 3rd longest.

Bills still remain the champs

Longest since last win is the more depressing. Go Lions! If anyone wants to see San Diego vs Cleveland next Saturday, there's a whole lot of tickets going for as cheap as $6.00 on StubHub. Woo!

55 minutes ago, Ryan said:

We broke 100 again, I want to see less pre-gameday chatter in next weekend's, hopefully the holidays keep it low and Rippa naps all day.

Gonna be tough.  Houston's new QB is named Savage and I know I, for one, will probably need a week to get the obvious references and pun material out of my system.  Longer if he actually plays well.

• Like 1

So yeah all this bullshit about starting Tony Romo because of one game.   How is that turning out for you

Of course the bad thing is that this helps the Redskins and puts them right back in the 6th seed if they win.  Really hope that the Panthers won't mail it in tomorrow

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Longest since last win is the more depressing. Go Lions! If anyone wants to see San Diego vs Cleveland next Saturday, there's a whole lot of tickets going for as cheap as $6.00 on StubHub. Woo!

I'm pretty sure my Bengals have the longest playoff win drought as our last was in 1991 vs the Oilers. I was in 7th grade at the time and the Oilers were starting Cody Carlson because Warren Moon was injured.

1 hour ago, Kuetsar said:

According to Wikipedia, its Bengals(1990), Lions(1991) and Bills (1995). . . .

Me to Mark Rypien: You broke my heart that year. You guys just killed us. 

Mark, with a huge grin: Yeah, we did. 

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

So yeah all this bullshit about starting Tony Romo because of one game.   How is that turning out for you

Of course the bad thing is that this helps the Redskins and puts them right back in the 6th seed if they win.  Really hope that the Panthers won't mail it in tomorrow

It was a total bullshit non-starter of a controversy because Tony Romo starting a game is unlikely to result in Romo finishing a half much less an entire game. At another board I frequent some brain dead troll called Romo a quick and easy fix; yes, if this was a video game and you could turn the injuries setting off. Now even if Romo could stay healthy, I might trust him to do more in the passing game between the 20's to get the ball down the field but once the team is in the red zone, Prescott simply makes the team harder to defend by being a dual threat who protects the ball.

I was completely unaware Mark Rypien played for the Colts in 2001 for a short stint after being out of the league for a few years. (After his son died, that I was unaware of.)

9 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

Watch next Week Peterson will have a monster game against us.

Let me assure you that there is absolutely no reason to fear that happening. Packers by 30 on Saturday, minimum.

The most annoying thing about this is that Green Bay was dead and buried a month ago, but the Vikings and the Lions are going to figure out a way to feverishly work together to hand them the damn division.

Detroit didn't do much to let them back in until now, and it's just a really rough schedule finish for them. At (Good) New York (Jersey) and at Dallas back to back before the red hot Pack at home.

They needed to win those Chicago and Houston games way back.

11 hours ago, sabremike said:

They couldn't wait 2 weeks they had to do it right away?

14-48. Should've fired his ass after last season. This season went so poorly I wanted to see if he could get to 50 losses. My guess is they fired him due to amazingly lackluster ticket sales for next week's game against the Titans and hoping firing Gus will help.

7 hours ago, Ryan said:

I was completely unaware Mark Rypien played for the Colts in 2001 for a short stint after being out of the league for a few years. (After his son died, that I was unaware of.)

Same here, until you mentioned it. Was he Peyton's direct backup or the wiley vet 3rd? 

Rypien in '01 is about as bizarre as Testeverde coming back super late. Although he wasn't awful. It's still odd.  

Apparently the Broncos DBs and OL got in a shouting match in the locker room

According to NFL.com, Broncos coach Gary Kubiak had to break up a locker-room shouting match between defensive backs and offensive linemen that escalated when he asked if anyone would like to address the team after its 16-3 loss to the New England Patriots.

Broncos left tackle and relative newcomer Russell Okung had volunteered to speak but was shot down by the objections of cornerback Aqib Talib. Yelling between the two groups then erupted, according to the NFL.com report, which cited sources in the room.

"Pretty much your classic offense vs. defense divide," one Broncos player told NFL.com.

Multiple team sources told ESPN on Sunday night that there has been at least one other occasion in recent weeks this season when the Broncos' defensive backs and the team's offensive linemen have exchanged words after a game.

"Everybody's frustrated," Broncos cornerback Chris Harris Jr. told ESPN. "We feel like we played almost good enough defense to win that game. I don't know if [we] ever kept Brady under 16 points, and we did that today. That's what makes you sick, when we come out and play stout like we did today; we could play a little bit better and get some turnovers. ... But they didn't really have to take many chances. They didn't really have to throw the ball down the field too much."

A smattering of Broncos defensive players called the number of plays they have played in recent games "our quota" when the play count nears 80, a high number for any defense. The Broncos' defense has played at least 76 snaps in four of the past seven games, including 81 plays in Jacksonville earlier this month.