DVDVR Message Board

Clash of the Champions XXXVI

Dolfan in NYC

I only hope that Sheamus and Cesaro come to the conclusion that "We're both too tough! We shouldn't be fighting each other...we should be partners!" after that dumb non-finish. Then they raise each others hands in victory and start wearing matching tights and come out to some generic theme with lyrics talking about how tough they are.

Then they destroy New Day in like 10 seconds because holy fuck has that act gotten stale.

• Like 3

Good to see the CW division is doomed to fail for exactly the same reasons as every other time WWE tried it since WCW took off.

Now we just wait for Braun Strowman interrupting a random CW match after a ppv loss and beating down both guys to get his heat back while the announcers lament how sad it is that these small guys can't defend themselves because they're so small.

I like New Day in-ring, but man, they are just spewing catchphrases to hit their marks now like everyone else that gets over organically. It's just like, "We know, you need to say this a thousand times so that it gets on a t-shirt, get it over with and move on."

The Club is mediocre as fuck, though, so no problems with New Day going over. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

Good to see the CW division is doomed to fail for exactly the same reasons as every other time WWE tried it since WCW took off.

Now we just wait for Braun Strowman interrupting a random CW match after a ppv loss and beating down both guys to get his heat back while the announcers lament how sad it is that these small guys can't defend themselves because they're so small.

If the cruisers continue to be as botchy as Perkins and Kendrick were last night, they'll do a great job dooming themselves to fail without the help of Biscuit Swordsman squashing them.

54 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

The ending to every match on this ppv was either anti-climatic or stupid.

And Dana should've been kicked out by the ref for no other reason than the fact she's fucking terrible at everything.

It'll be interesting to see, should they run Dana/Charlotte for the belt, how deafening the "we want Sasha/Bayley" chants get for an otherwise heatless affair. Her ceiling is, what? Alex Riley?  

1 hour ago, Michael Sweetser said:

As I mentioned last week, Alex Riley was involved in a WrestleMania main event, so that's not a bad one for Dana to aspire to.

Seriously, though, she needs to be back in NXT yesterday.

Emma's injury should have been Dana's ticket back to nxt, and her win against Becky Lynch retconned out of existence.

If the Dana face turn must happen, let her and Charlotte feud without the title, while Bayley and Sasha feud over the title, and the eventual Nia Jax feud.

8 hours ago, Beech27 said:

It'll be interesting to see, should they run Dana/Charlotte for the belt, how deafening the "we want Sasha/Bayley" chants get for an otherwise heatless affair. Her ceiling is, what? Alex Riley?  

I hope Dana's ceiling isn't getting kicked in the face by Nakamura. Sure she sucks, but she probably doesn't deserve to have Nakamura say it to her face with his fucking boot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I like New Day in-ring, but man, they are just spewing catchphrases to hit their marks now like everyone else that gets over organically. It's just like, "We know, you need to say this a thousand times so that it gets on a t-shirt, get it over with and move on."

The Club is mediocre as fuck, though, so no problems with New Day going over. 

I thought this was the best Anderson and Gallows have looked, outside of squashing the Usos like two weeks into their run. They brought the fire last night and should have won the titles. I'm so sick of the New Day. The original appeal of the New Day was great. They were saddled with another stereotypical singing, dancing black Baptist gimmick. They completely turned it into something their own; getting to show their real personalities. Now, it's just continually beaten into the ground. After WM was probably the right time to take another direction with them.

4 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

The ending to every match on this ppv was either anti-climatic or stupid.

And Dana should've been kicked out by the ref for no other reason than the fact she's fucking terrible at everything.

You know who came out the strongest after last night?  HHH.

But I am sure Vince was booking last night.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alstein said:

Dana can talk and has a character, she just can't wrestle (yet, and maybe never)

She's been okay in tag matches and shorter singles matches, where she can be protected. Other than that, she's been pretty bad in-ring wise. But I do agree that she has been good with the character stuff and is a good second. I really hope that's the role they keep her in and don't push ahead with a possible face turn. That's gonna be nothing but a disaster. 

11 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

The only way the cruiserweights are going to get over is if they differentiate themselves from the heavyweights. There's already plenty of car-crash flippy-doo stuff in the heavyweight division. The cruisers are going to flop if they're just smaller versions of Seth Rollins.

I don't agree with this at all.  What they should do is tell the bigger guys to tone it down some and allow the actual highflyers like Metalik and Cedric to do the moves that THEY can perform without getting injured.  It's far more dangerous to allow guys who can't do the shit to continue to do it.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2016 at 0:13 PM, w. josh said:

Logic would suggest that The Club adds a third member tonight to counteract Woods, but I have no idea who that could be.

It should be Big Show, to extend The Club's gimmick of being rescaled versions of each other.

• Like 3