DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - AUTUMN 2016

Dolfan in NYC

11 minutes ago, ReiseReise said:

Barca losing at home to Alaves is going to be one of the seasons upset results. 100 % sure of that.

Alaves=this season's Leicester? Yeah....no.

The only thing preventing me from going to RBA and choking Jesse Marsch until the shit came squirting out his nostrils is that the Bengals managed to balance out my mood by doing something I've waited 29 years for: win with me in attendance.

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Absolute monsoon conditions in Manchester tonight. City/BMG may be delayed/postponed by the looks of things.

If it was raining there anything like it was here, monsoon is selling it short. It was like one of those super heavy showers that last five minutes and then the sky runs out of water... only it lasted for an hour and a half.

FC Dallas is about to win the Open Cup over the Revs. They were actually the first MLS team to win the trophy back in 1997 (first year MLS teams were in it).

Correction: they weren't the first to win the cup as the league took part in the tournament in 96 (which the scum won).

Honestly of the 6 goals Barcelona got probably 5 of them were highlight reel.

Neymar has grown so much. I wondered at one point if his ego and Messi's would be compatible but they seem to have an incredible understanding now. A real master/protege.

This is damning with very faint praise, but the 10% of the game Celtic actually had the ball they honestly weren't half bad. Actually got some shots, created a couple rushes. They were willing to at least challenge Barca's central defense and force them to make choices. Any hope of a competitive game died with the missed penalty though.

If I was a manager and you took a short run up on a penalty, it would be the last you took for me that season. I just don't get it.

It's Barcelona. I've seen worse. I mean, Arsenal didn't even have a first half shot today. Celtic were always supposed to die horribly.