DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - AUTUMN 2016

Dolfan in NYC

It was a very entertaining game and even if Celtic had some luck, they probably deserved a bit for at least trying to stand up to the big dog in the yard.

Moussa Dembele (the Celtic one not the Tottenham one) looks like one of the better buys in Europe this offseason right now. Leigh Griffiths had 40 goals for Celtic last year and can't get into the starting lineup.

On 9/28/2016 at 3:42 PM, sabremike said:

This result will at least give Celtic a leg up in the race for 3rd place in the group and a spot in the Europa League.

They got to cut into the -7 goal differential though I would think to have a shot in a tiebreaker situation.

Liverpool's comeback at Swansea is something that likely never would've happened going back to 2009. Fantastic second half. Still some issues defending aerial balls, particularly with set pieces but the team ethic, belief and attack are all beautiful. Sturridge is the only one that doesn't seem settled.

Swansea dismiss Francesco Guidolin and hire Bob Bradley

EDIT - I am not 1000% on this but the ESPN report says he will be the first American to manage in one of England's Top 5 leagues

Is there a reason why the NWSL Championship game is being played at a neutral site (Houston)? Even funnier given the teams are WNY and Washington, there are a few thousand fans who have no rooting interest so obviously the atmosphere is terrible. When even MLS saw what an awful idea neutral site title games are it just boggles the mind that anyone else would do them.

Bradford City remain League One's only unbeaten side beating Shrewsbury 2-0 last Saturday. 12-0 in the league. Heard a fact that day on the radio saying there's only three or four sides who haven't lost in all four divisions of this football season. I've probably enacted commentators curse now!!!

Is it just me, or do you get this little voice in your head every time Man City concede, that says "Hart would have saved that"?

I am actually holding my nose and rooting for the scum today because if they beat boy city and we win Metro all but clinches the East. A TDot loss and we clinch a top 2 seed with a draw IIRC. Really want that because it means at the most we'll have 2 home playoff games (with the obvious exception of an MLS Cup final). The first 2 home playoff games are included in my season ticket so I don't have to buy another ticket unless its MLS CUP.

Barring an act of God (us losing to Philly and a 13 goal swing for boy city) the East is ours. This means we have home field advantage for the EC playoffs as well as assure ourselves in being in the 2017 CCL.

Surprised nobody noted what happened in Montreal yesterday. The Impact decided to leave Drogba out of the starting XI vs TFC and Drogba responded by saying fuck you and refusing to play. Amazing thing is that even with this distraction the Impact got the result they needed to clinch a playoff spot. Wonder where he ends up next: Qatar? Australia? China?

On 17/10/2016 at 4:48 PM, sabremike said:

Surprised nobody noted what happened in Montreal yesterday. The Impact decided to leave Drogba out of the starting XI vs TFC and Drogba responded by saying fuck you and refusing to play. Amazing thing is that even with this distraction the Impact got the result they needed to clinch a playoff spot. Wonder where he ends up next: Qatar? Australia? China?

He's already been to China. He didn't like it.

14 hours ago, odessasteps said:

On either 5 live or taksport, his name came up as maybe coming back to England. 

They realize there is a reason he's not starting for the Impact right?