DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Thunderstruck

Rev Ray

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Brock will adopt them and put them to work on his farm/compound.

"I don't give a shit about your children.  But could you give me an idea of how much they weigh and how much usable hair each has right now?"

• Like 2

The day they stop producing Big Red in the US is the day they stop producing bubble gum period. 

Zev, it wasn't much of a match (obviously), but I thought her spunk in the Straaangmon Squash Jobber Interview was pretty cool. It actually made you root for her for half a second before she took a hideous bump out of the ring and got crushed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

The day they stop producing Big Red in the US is the day they stop producing bubble gum period. 

Zev, it wasn't much of a match (obviously), but I thought her spunk in the Straaangmon Squash Jobber Interview was pretty cool. It actually made you root for her for half a second before she took a hideous bump out of the ring and got crushed.

Her take home quote was basically:

"I'm inspired by the US Olympic team! The Olympics has proven to me that tiny tiny people like me can succeed in athletics once every four years for two weeks in three weird sports I can't remember right now. LET"S GO!!!!"

and then she died.

• Like 5

But it was so "awwww, she's so neon-color and small and delusional, I hope Nia doesn't break her pelvis on accident". It's like getting gooey over a kitten while knowing it's going to take a real dangerous looking fall on a .gif or something.

In contrast, all the male jobber interviews have been different versions of Mikey Whipwreck being asked by Cactus Jack about the Pitbulls or somebody being real real mad and his response is "I'm gonna die!"

These jobbers being so fun and amazing and memorable kind of reminds me that the one consistent strength of WWE creative is introducing people and having their first appearance be about 20-60 seconds of amazingness that promises a lot of future fun.

It's just everything that happens after that that seems to suffer.

• Like 4

Excellent main event, no idea why they had a full 20 minute match with a decisive finish a week before the PPV but great stuff. I was thinking the PPV would be a double countout or DQ type finish but think Rusev might get the win now. Dug the opening segment in general as well, Rusev was killing it there. Outside of that, most of the matches were really short but loved seeing Delilah Doom for a minute, that was awesome. Charlotte & Dana are great, as are Jericho/Owens together. I agree that Demon King is way too close to Demon Kane, but the constant repeating of it is hilarious. I'm guessing Rollins wins so it seems weird for Balor to lose his first match as DemonKing. Cesaro/Sheamus should be an awesome series of matches.

3 minutes ago, Peck said:

How about the first 20 seconds of Sami/Sheamus?  That almost looked shoot-ish. Loved the ref tumble too.

Of course, then the rest of the match happened.

You know, thinking about that, both the first match and the main kinda started the same way.

15 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Does Sami even have a match for Summerslam? Great move putting him on Raw when Sami on SD was the obvious move. 

Owens is already booked and I don't think Sami is allowed to wrestle anyone else.

• Like 5

My DirecTV was fucked with all of these storms coming in from Louisiana, so I missed some promos, but this was pretty much the first bad Raw since the draft.

Rusev deserves so much better than Roman, who "flat out sucks." Rusev should be the top heel against either Dean or a face Rollins while Reigns has some best of seven whatever with Cesaro. 

I ADORE the Nia/Braun squashes, though.

Dr. Club is lame as hell.

Not a big Balor fan, but huge respect for them going all Taker with his entrance and presence. But yeah, "Demon Kane."

Heath Slater is once again the highlight of the show.

Sad that DirecTV deprived me of all the Jericho/Owens stuff.

Oh, here's the match:

As for the rest of the show, shame Regal's not on RAW. If there was one time it would be nice to hear him say someone's honor has been besmirched, it would be after that main event.

14 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Excellent main event, no idea why they had a full 20 minute match with a decisive finish a week before the PPV but great stuff. I was thinking the PPV would be a double countout or DQ type finish but think Rusev might get the win now.

There's only two ways this match can go now:  1) Reigns wins clean again or 2) Rusev cheats to retain and extend the feud to Clash of Champions, with a possible rubber match at Hell in a Cell (if that's still a Raw PPV).

Gotta be honest, though--it feels that Lana is going to become a 'prize' in all this.  She's already lost her honor, it's the next logical step. Like, if Rusev cheats to win on Sunday, Lana bolts on him in some fashion.  Because he couldn't regain her respect clean. She was already giving him death stares tonight. Yeesh. At least it doesn't seem as forced as last year's mess.  Probably because no one involved comes off sleazy like Ziggler.

9 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Gotta be honest, though--it feels that Lana is going to become a 'prize' in all this.  She's already lost her honor, it's the next logical step. Like, if Rusev cheats to win on Sunday, Lana bolts on him in some fashion.  Because he couldn't regain her respect clean. She was already giving him death stares tonight. Yeesh. At least it doesn't seem as forced as last year's mess.  Probably because no one involved comes off sleazy like Ziggler.

I swear to God if they even hint at doing the "Lana secretly wants to fuck Roman and can't help making eyes at him" I will swear off WWE for good. 

Even as I type this, I'm actually about 40% worried they won't be able to help themselves.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Whomever came up with the idea to call Finn "Demon King" deserves to be shot in the fucking face from close range.

That would be the Irish.

Balor of the Evil Eye and Chief of the Fomoire.

I get what you're saying though.  They are running his moniker into the ground with such enthusiasm to the point where he can't possibly job to Rollins this weekend.

A high heel to the eyeball would be one way to put Roman down. Was it Cornette that said you can't put your eyeball on an eyeball machine and make it stronger? Plus, ten thousand tweets of "Who uses a shoe?" would be funny.