DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Thunderstruck

Rev Ray

10 minutes ago, steve said:

I finally googled "Night Mayor".

It's basically a liaison between night clubs and the government in Amsterdam.

So Paul just thought it sounded cool and started saying it for no reason?

Per Bix - Heyman has been making this joke for like 20 years

Paul E used to call Bubba the Night Mayor of Dudleyville. But before that, when he was leading the Dangerous Alliance in WCW, he'd call himself the Night Mayor of New York, so he's been thinking it sounded cool for 25 years at least.

When Heyman calls Brock the Night Mayor, I can't help but wonder if that means he's the fighter of the Day Mayor. 

The he only good part of Raw was the look of abject fear Darren and Titus had when the did the millions of dollars dance with Backlund and both clearly thought at any moment he might just put them in the chicken wing.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AxB said:

Paul E used to call Bubba the Night Mayor of Dudleyville. But before that, when he was leading the Dangerous Alliance in WCW, he'd call himself the Night Mayor of New York, so he's been thinking it sounded cool for 25 years at least.

That explains it then, I grew up a WWF kid, so I missed most of the Dangerous Alliance run and never watched much of ECW, either.

2 hours ago, JohnnyJ said:

All snark aside, can someone explain to me why they are so high on Balor? He's undersized. He has five moves (not an exaggeration) none of which look particularly hurty. He's not a great promo. His matches arent compelling.  I know he does the demon stuff, but that's kind of a one trick pony. I don't get it. 

He's a pretty good-looking dude, for one.  Has solid WWE-style matches.  I really feel like he's the first guy to come out of NXT since Reigns/Rollins that everyone is on board with being: the guy.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I was saying this last night but if they had had Slater recover and jump Brock - all my britches would have gone out the window.

I mean Brock's kills him again but they could have gotten Slater over in less than 10 seconds

Yeah, that's just it.  He doesn't have to win.  He doesn't even have to come close.  He just gets back in, attacks Brock, gets destroyed again, Heyman says something about him having more guts than brains.  Maybe a Lesnar smirk, and Heath is made.

54 minutes ago, JRGoldman said:

When Heyman calls Brock the Night Mayor, I can't help but wonder if that means he's the fighter of the Day Mayor. 

The he only good part of Raw was the look of abject fear Darren and Titus had when the did the millions of dollars dance with Backlund and both clearly thought at any moment he might just put them in the chicken wing.

I loved that even Michael Cole wasn't going to bother to get engrossed in the PTP reunion so that when Titus turned on D.Young, he just went "Clash of the Titus!" rather than "OMG what is Titus doing to his partner?!?" 

Speaking of, Cole had a bad night.  In that Sheamus-Zayn match he called "Irish Curse" then "I'm sorry that was White Noise!" followed by "Michinoku Driver!" while Graves calmly says "Sami almost had him with that Blue Thunder Bomb".

5 hours ago, piranesi said:

There is a bigger issue at stake here. If you are a fan who is going to jump in the ring at a show where Brock Lesnar is on the card and you don't do it when Brock Lesnar is in the ring...well, sir, then you are a fucking pussy. 

I'm sorry, but it had to be said. 

He had a knife, not a rail gun.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JohnnyJ said:

All snark aside, can someone explain to me why they are so high on Rollins ? He's undersized. He has five moves (not an exaggeration) none of which look particularly hurty. He's not a great promo. His matches arent compelling.  I know he does the laughing thing, but that's kind of a one trick pony. I don't get it. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

He had a knife, not a rail gun.

A wise man once told me that he believed any man with two hands had a fighting chance.

That man is dead now and his organs are being used to pepper Braun Strowman's morning eggs.  But goddammit, I want to believe.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, piranesi said:

A wise man once told me that he believed any man with two hands had a fighting chance.

That man is dead now and his organs are being used to pepper Braun Strowman's morning eggs.  But goddammit, I want to believe.

The executor of his estate that's presumably running his Twitter is keeping the memory alive.

• Like 2

TMZ.com is reporting that 23 year old Edward Ferrero, the fan who jumped in the ring during the Seth Rollins promo during Raw last night, was arrested for assault and criminal trespass.

When Ferrero made contact with security, he bit one of the guards on their forearm but thankfully, the guard did not need medical attention.

11 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

...  They were supposed to debut it at Summerslam, but it wouldn't be the WWE if they didn't give away something for free.

... then made you pay for the shoo-shoo.

That settles it.  Anyone who is not

1) Under 20 and therefore still possibly enjoying the show as a kid might

2) Over 40 and therefore at the show to show proper respect toward the craft, chant for Bayley, live-blog results for their anti-Meltzer blog, and probably unable to hop the wall anyways due to weight/knee issues

should be issued mandatory bite guards and ankle-cuffed to their seat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, caley said:

"Michinoku Driver!" while Graves calmly says "Sami almost had him with that Blue Thunder Bomb".

That got a nice laugh over here. Graves didn't even give him time to correct himself; as soon as he said it I was waiting for it and Graves just spilt the beans and they went on like nothing happened.

Big E makes some good points too, esp. the McGregor resemblance. I just hope Tom doesn't drink toilet water.

9 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

My wife, who rarely watches, saw Finn's entrance and asked in all seriousness whether he was supposed to be some weird male stripper dance.

I hope you unironically and sternly set the record straight that he is in fact THE DEMON KING. 

I thought it was pretty clear.

• Like 2

Isn't one of the main reasons the demon king shtick is so over is because it appeals to the ladies because slithering Finn has a magnificent butt while also appealing to trench coated neckbeards who loved the Maximum Carnage comics in the 90s? It's the perfect storm.

21 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

My wife, who rarely watches, saw Finn's entrance and asked in all seriousness whether he was supposed to be some weird male stripper dance.

Attractive guy with rock-hard abs writhing around in his underwear and body paint as smoke fills the arena and pulsating music blares from the speakers.

It's at least erotic cosplay. So your better half isn't far off with her question.

• Like 2