DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

52 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Dammit Casey - I was just posting that

FYI - it is a 30 day suspension

I think the most surprising thing about this is finding out Tomato-b-gone's shoot name is Casey.  I mean, who knew?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

I had no idea peeing in a cup could reveal that you're sleeping with a woman 15 years younger than you while ignoring your family in Mexico.

If that was true Lawler would have had at least 5 wellness violations.

• Like 12

41 minutes ago, hammerva said:

The only thing stunning about Del Rio's wellness violation was that it was only 30 days.  I thought he failed many other times.

Oh, he's failed many times.

Failing a wellness policy, specifically, well, that's a while other thing...

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

If recent history has taught us anything Del Rio will get turned into a sympathetic baby face because people are picking on him for doing drugs and he gets a world title match his first night back.

You jest, but that would actually be better than sanything they've done with him in years. 

3 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Floyd Mayweather would be glorious

I thought we were listing credible guys to beat Lesnar and not guys for him to devour whole and shit back out. In his big money fight Mayweather never even bothered to try to budge a past-his-prime opponent fighting with a torn rotator cuff. Now I want to see a shoot between them where Mayweather is equipped with brass knucks for both hands so he can get in enough shots to enrage Brock to the point of the Beast ripping off both of his arms and soaking the live spectators in arterial spray like some shit out of The Story of Riki-Oh.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, ChrisM said:

DelRio has been a massive flop since his return. Aside from banging Paige, he hasn't done anything memorable. Fire him. 

To be fair, he's been one of the worst-written/worst-pushed wrestlers in that time span.  Got over as a fiery babyface in front of a latino-heavy crowd.  Came back playing similar fiery babyface taking on guy crowd was looking forward to see lose.  Started hanging out with Zeb Coulter and announced as MexAmerica.  Played a kind of tweener, then heel.  Inexplicably joined a group of European heels as League of Nations.  Used as jobbing fodder for Sheamus' lackluster main event heel run.  LON dissolve.  ADR basically strolls around being a guy who shouts "Perro" a lot.  Drafted to Smackdown where he's put into role of "Guy we need our top guys to get a match with and beat up" (Cena and Orton).  That is less than one year of ADR's life in WWE.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, caley said:

To be fair, he's been one of the worst-written/worst-pushed wrestlers in that time span.  Got over as a fiery babyface in front of a latino-heavy crowd.  Came back playing similar fiery babyface taking on guy crowd was looking forward to see lose.  Started hanging out with Zeb Coulter and announced as MexAmerica.  Played a kind of tweener, then heel.  Inexplicably joined a group of European heels as League of Nations.  Used as jobbing fodder for Sheamus' lackluster main event heel run.  LON dissolve.  ADR basically strolls around being a guy who shouts "Perro" a lot.  Drafted to Smackdown where he's put into role of "Guy we need our top guys to get a match with and beat up" (Cena and Orton).  That is less than one year of ADR's life in WWE.

Yeah, but he sucked in Lucha Underground, too. I think it's just him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrisM said:

Yeah, but he sucked in Lucha Underground, too. I think it's just him. 

Pretty long and storied history of WWE writers and WWE creative fucking up pretty much everything...and yet this mutant promoter in philly managed to take a 5 foot tall guy with little credentials and turn him into a monster and credible world champion. They didn't want that guy working in their creative world. Funny ain't it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

I had no idea peeing in a cup could reveal that you're sleeping with a woman 15 years younger than you while ignoring your family in Mexico.

if taking what he is taking gets you the hot chick 15 years your junior, where do is old guys sign up? :)

Del Rio sucked in Lucha Underground sounds like sour grapes to me too. I thought he came off as a big deal the entire time he was there. Besides did we ever get any confirmation that maybe the real reason Del Rio refused to put Pentagon over is because they had already messed up by making Pentagon look like a wuss in a low-level feud against Sexy Star? If the idiots wanted somebody big time to put Pentagon over, maybe they shouldn't have cut his nuts off so early in his run. Trickle down job-a-nomics, I will refuse to job to this fuck if you make them job to someone so incredibly lame before they ever get to me.  

• Like 1