DVDVR Message Board

Olympics Omnibus thread

odessasteps

Ok, someone help me figure this out. I want to watch the biathlon from earlier this morning. I go to nbcolympics.com. I can see results. I can see a hockey game from 2010. I can see what's currently being aired on the TV channel streaming. I want to watch the biathlon from earlier this morning. Has anyone figured out how to do this yet?

Somewhere in the Watch Video section of the site, there's a link that'll take you to a page that lists the stuff they have replays of.  Some of it doesn't hit for hours afterwards.

Probably NBC making sure they have it all "Presented properly by their top notch announcing staff so that its presented in the proper context for you people to properly understand" instead of doing it right away.

You know, like the rest of the damn world.

The Russian women ice hockey team is just owning the Germans.

On that subject, there are some pretty cool NHL connections in women's hockey. Obviously the US has Amanda Kessel, Phil's sister but watching the last two games I learned the Japanese coach is dististantly related to Rocket Richard and the GM of the Russian women is Alexei Yashin.

Watching the alpine skiing tonight and I am not sure who is correct here:  the skiers like Bode Miller who are saying that you don't play it really aggressive that is extremely dangerous almost life threatening or the reporters saying that they love this course and are raving about it  :mellow:

I will say the idea of going almost 85 miles per hour and then taking a jump about 80 yards downhill is completely terrifying to me

Watching the alpine skiing tonight and I am not sure who is correct here:  the skiers like Bode Miller who are saying that you don't play it really aggressive that is extremely dangerous almost life threatening or the reporters saying that they love this course and are raving about it  :mellow:

My immediate first thought:

• Like 1

I'd go with the guys actually running the course and not the guys that've been trying to pimp everything going on as awesome and no problems here, nope, not at all.

EDIT: Fuck, Dolfan explains it better than I ever could.

• Like 2

Downhill skiing is always life threatening. Hell you could probably make a case that it's one of the 5 most dangerous sports on earth. Those people have absolutely no fear.

And the Winter Olympics almost seems like it could sweep that top 5, to be honest.

Skeleton -- i.e. HEAD FIRST LUGE with an fittingly morbid name -- springs immediately to mind.  Like regular luge isn't dangerous enough (and a luge competitor did die the day before Vancouver officially opened, prompting them to change the track).

Ski Jumpers seem like they have to have a screw or two loose too.

Nevermind, Canada just stole 2 and are now up 7-4 at the end of 5. They were sitting 3 and it was just too much of a shot for the German (Is it bad that I haven't really bothered to learn their names? Yeah, it's probably bad.) to make.

It's by no means a sure thing as both teams have had big ends. That was a nightmare start for Canada's first game, though.

Nevermind, Canada just stole 2 and are now up 7-4 at the end of 5. They were sitting 3 and it was just too much of a shot for the German (Is it bad that I haven't really bothered to learn their names? Yeah, it's probably bad.) to make.

It's by no means a sure thing as both teams have had big ends. That was a nightmare start for Canada's first game, though.

I appreciate both teams just going for crazy shots. No one playing a safe game.

When did curling teams all get so young? When I was a kid, all the Brier winners were middle-aged chubby guys.

Hot curling chicks led to younger guys getting into curling?

I guarantee that's why Sweden's skip got into it.

130903183712-h2h-edin3-horizontal-galler