DVDVR Message Board

Olympics Omnibus thread

odessasteps

Ten dollars says that NBC severely edits the tribute to the Russian Revolution, if not eliminate it altogether. Didn't they cut out the tribute to socialized medicine at the London Games?

No, it was there. Including snarky commentary by Matt Lauer incredulously wondering why England felt the need to be proud of their national health care system.

Wait, is Lauer doing the show tonight? Maybe I need to find a British or Swedish feed after all...

I love how that for the summer Olympics there was an endless amount of country related memorabilia. I remember being able to find stuff for pretty much every country out there in the Macy's system. Winter Olympics? Well you can buy a cheap pair of USA mittens at JCPenny.

Ten dollars says that NBC severely edits the tribute to the Russian Revolution, if not eliminate it altogether. Didn't they cut out the tribute to socialized medicine at the London Games?

No, it was there. Including snarky commentary by Matt Lauer incredulously wondering why England felt the need to be proud of their national health care system.

Wait, is Lauer doing the show tonight? Maybe I need to find a British or Swedish feed after all...

Right, that was it. Some googling shows that it was the tribute to the 7/7 terrorist victims that was cut out.

The NBC Delayed Twitter account is back up and running for our amusement.

And I'm stuck at work.  If NBC Sports doesn't stream the fucking Opening Cermony Prime Time Broadcast, I'm gonna be hella pissed.

All I really want to see is the parade of nations. That's hands down the best moment of every Olympics. Seeing the crazy fashion and a bunch of happy athletes who haven't lost yet, and are still excited to see other respected athletes.. Seeing some small country with one guy or gal rep'ing a nation's hopes. 

Bermuda wins the balls contest tonight, for marching in those shorts, in Russia.  

EDIT: And Yes Matt, Brazil is getting back to back major world sporting events to fuck up.

Love everyone coming out from underneath the arena floor. Kinda reminds me of the end to "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" with all the kidnapped people leaving the mothership.