DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2016 ANIMATED GIF THREAD

Oh no, a move that doesn't make sense in a wrestling match, like about 95% of them, whatever will we do with your delicate sensibilities. :-D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

Didn't they have to stop using it in WCW due to NJPW getting pissy?

I think it was at the same time that Vader went to UWFI and NJPW stopped him from using the Big Van Vader trademark (they couldn't stop him from being "Vader" due to Star Wars).  New Japan came up with the helmet, so they probably stopped it there.  I remember it came back briefly in 1995 when it all got sorted out and he was again "Big Van Vader" for a short time before the Orndorff incident.

19 hours ago, Dewar said:

Regal is fantastic in that .gif. The look of terror as he realizes he's going to get squished, then the frantic kicking of the legs. Just glorious!

Regal's flailing WHOA WHOA WHOA SOMEBODY MAKE IT STOP kills me every damn time.

• Like 1

aigh that was me, and I kinda agree - reckless is an understatement with those boys. As a kid I thought a Steiners match was the greatest thing on the card but as an adult I wince at near enough everything. The story Flair told on his podcast about Murdoch and Slater pretty much refusing to leave their feet for the Steiners had me in stitches