DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2016 ANIMATED GIF THREAD

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Someone asked, "what's the difference between stiff and snug?"  Really, you need a third level:

1. Snug
  2. Stiff
  3. Steiners

I've said it before: those fuckers are sociopaths.

Reminds me of the story in Foley's first book where he talks about how when he came back to WCW, Rick Steiner was in the back telling all the wrestlers "Wait, wait, look at this!" for all of Cactus Jack's moves and telling them how great he was.  Fast-forward a few weeks/months and Foley/Abdullah were taking on Sting/Steiner and Abdullah couldn't find his fork, so he waved Foley off who proceeded to try to stall for time, which Rick Steiner took to mean pick up Foley and suplex him on his head.  When they got back to the lockerroom Sting yelled at Rick "Why did you do that? He's busting his ass trying to get me and everyone else over?" to which Rick replied "I thought he was trying something on me".  How does he go from being Foley's biggest fan/champion to assuming Foley is trying to shoot on him in that short of time?

Or the story Bret Hart told about Scott Steiner sitting behind one of the midget wrestlers and making him take off his hat so Steiner could slap him across the head repeatedly with his fingers?  Or Scott laying on the floor of the lockerroom trying to take down wrestlers walking by?!

We really need an oral history of the Steiner Brothers cobbled together from stories by other wrestlers.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Someone asked, "what's the difference between stiff and snug?"  Really, you need a third level:

1. Snug
  2. Stiff
  3. Steiners

I've said it before: those fuckers are sociopaths.

Someone should've said this to them, but didn't, likely out of fear... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, caley said:

We really need an oral history of the Steiner Brothers cobbled together from stories by other wrestlers.

There used to be a youtube video cobbled together from shoot interviews that were 2 hours of Steiners stories of their general craziness but it appears it was deleted from YouTube.

18 minutes ago, Rev Ray said:

There used to be a youtube video cobbled together from shoot interviews that were 2 hours of Steiners stories of their general craziness but it appears it was deleted from YouTube.

Huh, you're right, I loved that video and probably listened to the whole thing 3 times.  My favorite was the story...I think DDP told it...about hanging out with Scott at a strip club, except it wasn't really hanging out because Scott stood over in a corner by himself while the rest of the boys were drinking and carousing with DDP, Raven, I forgot who else.  DDP went up to Steiner and said they were going to another strip club, and Scott said he was waiting for a girl to finish her shift, so the rest of the wrestlers left and went to the other strip club.  When they got there Scott was already there standing alone off in a corner like before.  DDP went up and asked Scott why he was there, and Steiner replied, "Well I was having fun hanging out with you guys, so I thought I'd come."

• Like 8

20 hours ago, caley said:

Reminds me of the story in Foley's first book where he talks about how when he came back to WCW, Rick Steiner was in the back telling all the wrestlers "Wait, wait, look at this!" for all of Cactus Jack's moves and telling them how great he was.  Fast-forward a few weeks/months and Foley/Abdullah were taking on Sting/Steiner and Abdullah couldn't find his fork, so he waved Foley off who proceeded to try to stall for time, which Rick Steiner took to mean pick up Foley and suplex him on his head.  When they got back to the lockerroom Sting yelled at Rick "Why did you do that? He's busting his ass trying to get me and everyone else over?" to which Rick replied "I thought he was trying something on me".  How does he go from being Foley's biggest fan/champion to assuming Foley is trying to shoot on him in that short of time?

Or the story Bret Hart told about Scott Steiner sitting behind one of the midget wrestlers and making him take off his hat so Steiner could slap him across the head repeatedly with his fingers?  Or Scott laying on the floor of the lockerroom trying to take down wrestlers walking by?!

Foley wrote something like, "A lot of what I do is rough but I never took liberties with anyone. And if I do decide to start, trust me, the last person I'm going to try it out on is Rick Steiner. Contrary to whatever JR says on Monday Nights, I do not enjoy pain."

Also, Bret talked about how Hennig ribbed Scott over something and Scott tied him up like a pretzel. Bret said that Scott held him (Hennig) down for a half hour and kept threatening to stick his thumb up Curt's ass and there wasn't a damn thing he could do about it.

My favorite is when Rick and Scott decided they were going to take DDP's pants off during a house show battle royal.  The entire match DDP was rolling on the mat, trying to keep his pants on while 17 other dudes were trying to have a match.  Long story short, his pants came off and DDP jumped over the top rope and ran to the back.  Steve Austin just laughed his ass off and said, "if the Steiners want your pants to come off, your pants are coming off."

5 hours ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

Anybody got the scientific name for this move?

3D7zSdg.gif

I believe that it was always called a "Blizzard Suplex" in FirePro.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

Anybody got the scientific name for this move?

3D7zSdg.gif

Is this not the same move Arisa Nakajima & Hikari Minami have been using for years? I thought there was already a name for it.

It was a staple of Saki Hasegawa when she ran wih the Blizzard Yuki gimmick, hence "Blizzard Suplex". Don't know if she originated it though. Man I loved Saki Hasegawa!

James