DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K17

I'm pretty optimistic about the changes they're working on.  I liked Showcase just fine, yet have no problem with them ditching it to work on other areas.  Not sure if I'm going to like or hate the rollout option for multi-man, but wonder if that logic applies if you're outside the ring.  And thank goodness for good ol' button mashing submission system.

With people like AJ confirmed now, I wonder at what point this starts sinking in that guys like him and Nak are in this.  I feel the first couple days are going to be surreal for many of us once we start playing as them.

Isn't the cutoff time generally Feb/March to get new people in the game at launch? I will admit I haven't payed close attention to that year to year and just because a wrestler debuted after that doesn't mean they won't ever be in it (or debuted before that they are a lock to be in it), but I thought that was considered the general consensus.

I would guess The Club would be past the cutoff, but besides them I can't think of anyone else that debuted after WM that would be essential to the game.

IGN posted a video of some ladder match stuff between Ambrose/Seth/Styles, and man, the graphics and animations look a LOT better.  There's still a lot of reused shit, but even the guys that have been in previous years have improved a lot.

They have some screenshots too.  Emma doesn't look like a horrifying monster version of Amy Schumer anymore, for example.  I know that might be redundant

6 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Isn't the cutoff time generally Feb/March to get new people in the game at launch? I will admit I haven't payed close attention to that year to year and just because a wrestler d. ebuted after that doesn't mean they won't ever be in it (or debuted before that they are a lock to be in it), but I thought that was considered the general consensus.

I would guess The Club would be past the cutoff, but besides them I can't think of anyone else that debuted after WM that would be essential to the game.

Cutoff to get in the basic game is more or less Wrestlemania.  Gallows and Anderson debuted at the beginning of May, so it's possible they could make it in as DLC.  Joe debuted in May 2015, and he was a DLC for 2K16.

If they wanted to, they could always release late additions as a DLC pack and people would drop down cash for it. EA Sports, of all companies, gives away free DLC fighters for their UFC games. 

Here comes "that guy", you know, the one who complains?

The gameplay definitely looks improved and the backstage stuff looks fun as shit, but the screen is too busy. I don't like HUD's to begin with, but I don't need star ratings for every match. And the ladder mini-game looks frustrating as hell.

I'm down for this star rating shit if the way its calculated makes sense.  The last time the series did it was in one of the story modes years ago, and the way you got a star was putting someone through a table or hitting a finisher.

On 8/16/2016 at 11:29 PM, Brysynner said:

Madusa accidentally confirmed on Instagram that Asuka is in the game.

While I hope she is in it, that screen grab was from a fan video, hence why it had Becky vs. Roman Reigns which WWE wouldn't allow in a game. Madusa wouldn't have access to make those types of screen grabs anyway I wouldn't imagine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Zeidler said:

Good god, the commentary when Owens does an apron powerbomb on AJ in one of those clips is maddening.  King sounds like he's asking if the milk went bad.

They do the EXACT SAME CALL in the backstage video before anyone even does anything because the animation started to throw someone through the TV.  So that shit isn't getting fixed this year

Nobody who commentates on a Vince show is allowed to use the word "He" at any point during a match. How has nobody at 2K noticed this?