DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K17

Commentary on wrestling games has been the worst since they even started adding commentary to them. It's not great for other sports games, but it's absolutely horrible on the WWE ones. Just strip it out and use the extra space for anything else.

So new image is up for roster reveal and here's who I can make out:

Razor Ramon

Sasha Banks

DDP

JBL

Del Rio

Goldberg

Enzo

Big Cass

Carmella

America Alpha

Paige

Rusev

The Revival

Mark Henry

Titus O'Neil

Sami Zayn

Zack Ryder

Big Show

Miz

Ric Flair

Last set of announcements is supposed to be today.  Nothing really new or exciting legends wise - Nash is in as Diesel, like Hall is in as Razor - but they're also dropping Bayley today.  People see a clue for Asuka but I think I'm missing it.  She's on the NXT edition box though, so she's gotta be in.

That was a mockup image that some fan made (all the girls were wrestling Reigns and it was fake) but Asuka's mask is in the fire coming out of the smokestack

Also, there's a really really blurry even if you zoom in sign that says DOGG RD so maybe Road Dogg is in, bringing the total of new legends for this year to a whopping two.

• Like 1

Looking at the new image, I am just glad that Vader is in the game (his mask is in the last image), someone can make a CAW of Ospreay so that I can re-create that match. And the Lex Express is in it so I assume we are getting Luger.  Asuka was officially confirmed so yay!

To me, new wrestlers are a bigger deal than returning Legends, since they always put their moves in and someone will make a CAW. Not that there aren't always tons of repeats but I'd rather they spend time on new wrestlers and new legends then worry about repeating old legends when possible. They put a lot of time and resources into NXT and Divas this year (they are still called Divas in the game it looks like so it must have been finalized pre-WM), now we just have to hope the game play is a bit more inspired also.

I'm hoping they get creative with the inevitable DLC legends for the game.  Like, either steer clear of the Attitude Era and load us up with 80s and early 90s legends that haven't been in the games yet (I really want a Rick The Model Martel for some reason), or give us AE guys like Crash Holly or Steve Blackman. 

2 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

I'm hoping they get creative with the inevitable DLC legends for the game.  Like, either steer clear of the Attitude Era and load us up with 80s and early 90s legends that haven't been in the games yet (I really want a Rick The Model Martel for some reason), or give us AE guys like Crash Holly or Steve Blackman. 

I agree, I fear they won't do that as they may be afraid that DLC sets with those wrestlers won't sell as well but I'd be game.

Imagine if in the spring they did a CWC/cruiserweight pack. That would sell like hotcakes.