DVDVR Message Board

Raw is... Ah hell Game 7 is on who cares

Dolfan in NYC

Ugh, I was actually almost kind of looking forward to John Cena's return and then he immediately held one of the most vomit inducing promos I've heard in a while.

And what the hell was up with that Warcraft trailer that was intermixed with a shitty Kane promo? Who thought that was a good idea?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Casey said:

Am I the only one that fast-forwarded through Cena's patriotic bullshit? I thought he was about to announce we defeated ISIS. I hate super serious Cena, especially when it's stuff not related to wrestling. Fuck.

I have a feeling they're definitely splitting up New Day. If they lose the titles to Gallows & Anderson before the draft - Big E is definitely going solo.

I want a Big E main event push more than I want the New Day to stay together, so I'm all for it.  I think Kofi/Xavier would be fine on their own.

33 minutes ago, steve said:

You guys are really gonna hate it when the 4th of July falls on a Monday.

Dave made a passing comment a week or two ago that was basically "if you think the Memorial Day rating is going to be historically bad - wait to you see July 4"

• Like 1

I think if they keep Kofi and Xavier together, they could get a good couple months of fun out of them holding auditions to be the new new day member. 

I don't see the issue with AJ beating up Cena. Kids and moms are going to cheer Cena no matter what. Dudes who own Bullet Club merchandise are going to cheer for AJ beating up Cena. They are manufacturing a mixed reaction. 

• Like 2

Don't really remember Shane when he was a performer before, but was he this shitty back then?  You got the most important change to happen to Raw in years and I'm not really convinced that anything is happening based on what Shane said.  I mean c'mon man, SPELL IT OUT FOR YA US!

That Charlotte talking head thing was kinda interesting.  Would have been a good way to bring back Cody Rhodes...or a terrible way.

Oh yeah, and Lana had a serious brain freeze by forgetting her accent.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bink_winkleman said:

It was kind of silly to have the most over guy on the roster turn, though.

It worked so well last week they thought why not try it again. Next week New Day turns heel the week after that Cass and Enzo turn. By the time SummerSlam gets here Cena and Reigns will be the only two faces on the roster.

• Like 1

Wonder what this does to Finn's chances of a call-up?

I'm kinda amused that the AJ/Club/Roman/Family was one of the more complex angles they've attempted.  Tweener Roman. babyface AJ trying to stay friends with heels, the babyface Uso's resorting to heel tactics to combat The Club, etc.  It was great, unpredictable stuff.... which Vince probably saw as a way to kill time until Seth and Cena came back. 

I am amused that evil heel Seth Rollins is getting some sort of sympathetic interview/doc on the Network about how hard his rehab was.  Yeah, if there's one thing audiences eat up, it's chickenshit heels getting sensitive "overcoming the odds" video packages.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

I'm kinda amused that the AJ/Club/Roman/Family was one of the more complex angles they've attempted.  Tweener Roman. babyface AJ trying to stay friends with heels, the babyface Uso's resorting to heel tactics to combat The Club, etc.  It was great, unpredictable stuff.... which Vince probably saw as a way to kill time until Seth and Cena came back. 

We should all look back at those few weeks fondly and hope AJ/Roman get to work together again soon.  Because the AJ/Cena saga will likely end with a quick win, followed by a triple PPV loss whammy and tears.

So in 2016 I have seen AJ Styles debut at the Rumble, become a top guy quickly in WWE, hit the Styles Clash on the WWE Champion, beat the WWE Champion on PPV (by Countout and DQ), and is now going to wrestle John Cena. I get that Cena's going to eventually win the war against AJ and the Club but the journey to get there will still have fun moments which I'm more likely to remember than the match itself

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

One wcw version. One wwe version that wrestles in goldust's wig.

No, it's one that looks like Goldberg in "Santa's Slay."

Cena's promo sucked until he started raising his voice, and it got awesome. I think that was kinda the point - lull you to sleep, lull you to sleep, WAKE UP! His "yay America, yay troops" thing gets old, but it was Memorial Day and it is something that's been a big part of his character for years now, so it's not like it was out of the blue.

Main was Perfectly Acceptable Wrestling. Cena/Styles segment was awesome. What else was Styles gonna do? Roster needed a good heel foil for Cena. Cena wins the feud over Styles, though, and we'll be picking up the pieces of what could've been with Styles. The rest of the show was pretty much awful.

Here's what bugged me the most: They call a tag team the "Vaudevillans." They have that awesome throwbacky intro. Then they come out, and they're dressed in glow-in-the-dark ring gear that makes them look like extras in "Tron." WTF? And by that, I mean What the Hell? (thanks, Charles Barkley). It's like the WWE writers got together and said "look, these guys have NO chance of getting over" (they don't) "but let's not do them any favors by putting any real thought into their gimmick. Let's completely half-ass it."

How hard would it be to find some kind of ring gear that better suits the gimmick? It's like calling them Vikings and giving them trucker hats. It's a weird spot, because the first thing I think of are the typical strongmen types from "Family Guy," lifting the cartoonish barbells - this could be a fun gimmick if done right - but "Vaudevillans" doesn't really speak to that time. People still make high-front-wheel "penny farthing" bikes - I'm sure they're not cheap, but would be a great investment to have these guys riding out on two of those.

They could do the gimmick right, but they won't. Why bother bringing up anyone and putting them on TV if you're gonna sabotage them by not giving them half a chance from the get-go? Like I said, they're not gonna get over, but at least you gave it your best shot. .If you're not giving it your best shot by design, why bring them up at all?

3 hours ago, JCM said:

It worked so well last week they thought why not try it again. Next week New Day turns heel the week after that Cass and Enzo turn. By the time SummerSlam gets here Cena and Reigns will be the only two faces on the roster.

and they still wouldn't get the reaction Vince wants