DVDVR Message Board

RAW is OUTSTANDING

Niners Fan in CT

I find it interesting that this was the rare RAW where there was actual character development and progression in different stories and feuds for everything except the Shane McMahon nonsense which just seems to be there for no other reason than fake internet outcry.

Just now, A Guy Named Tracy said:

Are you trying to tell me that Julius Erving and George Gervin never competed in the NWA? 

That was one of many egregious sins against .... everything.

I enjoyed the hell out of every segment. It's fascinating how all these guys are fitting specific roles. The Miz and Maryse, holy shit, they are a great act.  Cesaro's Transporter deal is awesome too. The suit and the earpiece. He looks like a star.  Bray, even though the face turn was abrupt, I think it's going to work out well for him.  AJ Styles is basically the Ace in-ring dude, when he's out there you know it's going to be a great match.  Sami might be able to fit into the Bryan role though hopefully we don't have to wait that long but he's super over. The Ole' chants..  The singing along to his theme.. it's all A+.  Owens is a tremendous heel who does all of the little things.  The women's division.. that was a good match with Natty/Charlotte.  The tag division is getting some focus and I haven't even mentioned The Bullet Club showing up. This was an excellent utilization of 3 hours.  Hell, I loved Jericho and Dean's segment too.

• Like 1

Long-ass Cesaro-Owens and Styles-Zayn matches.  Anderson/Gallows debut and keep their finisher name.  Tag tourney.  Good women's match to set up more in the future.  Cole says "New Japan" on Raw.  Bray's a good guy.

It's an interesting time in professional wrestling.

• Like 3

Yeah everything I saw tonight was pretty much on point...it was like they could do no wrong...I mean shit they had a lengthy-for-Raw women's match based around matwork and featuring a wrestler who's been toiling at valet/jobber level for years and the crowd ate it up...

This was like a golden age one-hour Nitro that had marquee matches that moved feuds forward without blowing off big upcoming matches too and and somehow was longer but still golden and with a great women's match.  Hell, Enzo/Cass remind me of a solid WCW team and Anderson/Gallows was straight up a Biscoff style run in of two giants that left everyone shitting their pants.

Reigns heel reaction is kind of impressive at this point.  If the talk in last week's thread comes true about turning AJ to try and keep Roman a face, they really are idiots.  They have a solid match with real heat if they just let it be what it is.

I hadn't seen Enzo & Cass before their debut (minus the March Madness stuff) but I'm going to watch Smackdown for the first time in years to see them wrestle the fuckin Ascension.

Sami's selling was so on point tonight that I legit thought he was injured several times in the AJ match. Fantastic night all around. Hope that Kalisto injury isn't legit but the match afterwards looked a little cobbled together so it could be.