DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16: 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

This season is so goddamn insane.  Mavs win the next 3, or if they win 2 out of 3, and the Blazers lose 1, then Mavs are the 5th seed.  Before this win streak, they had lost 10 of 12.  Clearly this was the likeliest of scenarios.

The Chicago Bulls will finish this season 7-1 against the Top 2 Seeds of the East.

Barring a certain team's plane crashing into a volcano, they will not go to the playoffs.

Stupid basketball.

Spurs/Warriors tonight might be the most meaningful meaningless game ever. You have the Spurs going for the undefeated home record, the Warriors continuing on their attempt for 73 while trying to snap their San Antonio regular season loss streak.All the while the game having absolutely no bearing on the standings or the playoffs. 

Well, I'd say the Bulls record is in pretty serious jeopardy now. ;)

Sarcasm aside, that conversation last year about whether or not that Warriors team was the best since the 96-97 69-13 Bulls looks pretty irrelevant now.

They still have to win the championship though. It'd be an odd thing if this turns into a 2007 Pats situation where they are the clear favorite all season long and then...   I can't see it happening though.  I still think the Spurs give them a good fight, I don't know what to make of the Cavs right now and if LeBron still has a gear to will them to victory.

I'm very much against the Warriors breaking the record (and one of the few "haters" of their general team).  I was a Jordan/Bulls fan and watching that season as a kid was amazing.  Nostalgia matters.

However, I gotta give props and respect when it's due.  That record, 72-10, was one I thought I would never seen matched or broken in my lifetime.  To be focus for that long in a NBA season has to be extremely difficult, even if the competition is down.  Every team started giving the Warriors their best shot when they came up on the schedule.  Impressive.

....but yeah.  They have to go through the playoffs before you crown them.  I'll be here rooting against it.  Should be fun.

I don't think he is overrated, but his micro managing offense wouldn't work with certain players.  It only worked with Kidd because he was on his last legs, but even then they were butting heads.

Great coach, but I wouldn't want him coaching Chris Paul for example.

Playoff Lebron is coming to reclaim his best player in the world title.  I'm not sure if he can get the job done, but it's going to be a hell of a next few months.  

He is switching gears as we speak.  His last 10 games might legit be the best 10 game stretch of his career:  

35.6 mpg, 28.4-8-8.5 (pts/reb/ast) 3.7 TOV on 62/52/80 for 69 TS%

Those shooting splits are silly.

4 hours ago, Jrag said:

I don't think he is overrated, but his micro managing offense wouldn't work with certain players.  It only worked with Kidd because he was on his last legs, but even then they were butting heads.

Great coach, but I wouldn't want him coaching Chris Paul for example.

Honestly, Rick is the kind of coach that, if he gets a PG he trusts, he lets him run the offense.  In the title season, he was letting Kidd call the plays.  He's kinda letting D-Will do it this year.  He didn't trust Rondo worth a shit.  He'd trust a CP3 or Russ for sure.

6 hours ago, Jrag said:

Playoff Lebron is coming to reclaim his best player in the world title.  I'm not sure if he can get the job done, but it's going to be a hell of a next few months.  

He is switching gears as we speak.  His last 10 games might legit be the best 10 game stretch of his career:  

35.6 mpg, 28.4-8-8.5 (pts/reb/ast) 3.7 TOV on 62/52/80 for 69 TS%

Those shooting splits are silly.

I'm just going to state this clear and for the record. I don't care if the Heat don't win a title this year so long as they get to knock out Cleveland. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RandomAct said:

Honestly, Rick is the kind of coach that, if he gets a PG he trusts, he lets him run the offense.  In the title season, he was letting Kidd call the plays.  He's kinda letting D-Will do it this year.  He didn't trust Rondo worth a shit.  He'd trust a CP3 or Russ for sure.

I think he would trust CP3, but I can't imagine Rick and sheer-force-of-will Russ Westbrook getting along.  Although it would be super fun to watch them coexist.  A Dirk/Russ pick and roll would break teams.