DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] WWE NOMINATIONS

RIPPA

EDIT: Actually, naa, I'm done. This thread is gotten silly. Will do the measures needed to not deal with MORELOCK anymore officially.

Anyone have any actual match write ups that are there own for the Swagger run instead of just posting someone else said?

I might go back and review the matches from 2015 that I listed because those are the main ones for his case within the voting window. I would suggest watching the recent Owens (1/27 ME) and Stardust (12/29 ME) ones first and seeing if you're intrigued to see more. The main thing that surprised me was that he seems to show more personality in the ring as a face which usually isn't the case in WWE.

I'm not sure exactly where I'd place him in my Top 10 because there's about 5 wrestlers who have a couple of MOTYC level performances but when I look back through their match listing for the year, their overall output doesn't blow me away.

You missed his debut against Bull Dempsey. Which was probably the absolute worst way he could've been debuted. Dempsey was in that icky in-between period where Corbin had just killed him as a tough guy but he hadn't discovered Bull Fit yet, and it was one of those matches where Dempsey took (what felt like) 75% of it before Crowe won. Just awful.

tumblr_nkpwczHFY01saykaxo2_r1_400.gif

• Like 1

Are matches happening now in the voting period because Zack Ryder contributed to his argument for inclusion.

Now would be before Feb 29 - so yes to the voting period.

But for consideration for the brackets - I would say Fast Lane is the cutoff

You missed his debut against Bull Dempsey. Which was probably the absolute worst way he could've been debuted. Dempsey was in that icky in-between period where Corbin had just killed him as a tough guy but he hadn't discovered Bull Fit yet, and it was one of those matches where Dempsey took (what felt like) 75% of it before Crowe won. Just awful.

Yup that match sucked, I think all of the other ones were mediocre to good, and he has been fucking great since he went back to the indies. Feels like just because WWE couldn't figure out how to use him means he shouldn't be in.

Other then Brock vs. Reigns and Brock vs. Taker twice I'm not remembering a whole lot that he did. I guess there was the Big Show match and the Kofi match on network specials. I don't believe neither Brock vs. Reigns or Taker fell into the walk around and do germans thing.  There was some of that sure but once the matches heated up there was a lot of give and take and I never felt Brock would definitely win. There was enough in those matches for me to believe in Roman and Taker as worthy challengers.

An argument for Brock? The guy had to have told Reigns to fucking hit him as hard as he could and as much as a killer Brock is, he did things to make Reigns look like the guy to lead the company that no one else has done. I have never, ever, seen someone take a legit beating in a match like that for the sake of making someone else look that good. Brock's face looked like shit midway through that match. Props to him.

Another plus for Brock was his work in the triple threat match with Cena and Rollins. He credibly sold death and came in from out of nowhere faster than anyone that size should actually move to beat ass. That was hella impressive and the majority of us on here lost our shit for that spot.

His work in the Royal Rumble was also good. Does anyone with Brock's contract need to be flying through the air delivering knees like that? Is there anyone else in WWE who goes, "you don't want to sell for me, FUCK YOU, take THIS!" and just beats ass to make someone actually sell? It was awesome. 

Another plus for Brock was his work in the triple threat match with Cena and Rollins. He credibly sold death and came in from out of nowhere faster than anyone that size should actually move to beat ass. That was hella impressive and the majority of us on here lost our shit for that spot.

I'm not disagreeing with your overall point, but the triple threat was during the last tournament's voting period.

I'm not disagreeing with your overall point, but the triple threat was during the last tournament's voting period.

Oh shit, really? Fuck my terrible memory.

If it is easier to think about (for the WWE Mania)

PPVs in the time period run Mania 2015 - Fast Lane 2016

The first RAW was March 2, 2015 (The one with Rollins/Reigns, John Stewart "confronting" Rollins, Steph telling Cena he needed to get Rusev to agree to rematch, etc...)

The last RAW will be Feb 29, 2016