DVDVR Message Board

ROYAL RUMBLE 2016 POST SHOW

RIPPA

In all seriousness:  How badly does your booking team have to screw up a megaface push for the fans to see Triple H as the more preferable option?

The crowd seemed to be warming to him over the last few weeks, but then you go and get a crowd like this who boo the hell out of him and undo a lot of good work. Maybe it's time to turn him heel after all. He just lost the world title twice within a few weeks. 

In all seriousness:  How badly does your booking team have to screw up a megaface push for the fans to see Triple H as the more preferable option?

The crowd seemed to be warming to him over the last few weeks, but then you go and get a crowd like this who boo the hell out of him and undo a lot of good work. Maybe it's time to turn him heel after all. He just lost the world title twice within a few weeks. 

Well, as much as I hate to be an apologist for WWE's lousy creative, you have to admit that most of their live crowds draw a sizable contingent of douchenozzles who are determined to shit on any potential top babyface who doesn't come out to "Ride Of The Valkyries" or "Cult Of Personality"...

• Like 2

There will never be HHH's last stand because even after he's long gone, his family will continue the tradition of having his image and footage shown at every opportunity imaginable, trying to convince the current crop of viewers that the only thing bigger in WWE than HHH was Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

Well, as much as I hate to be an apologist for WWE's lousy creative, you have to admit that most of their live crowds draw a sizable contingent of douchenozzles who are determined to shit on any potential top babyface who doesn't come out to "Ride Of The Valkyries" or "Cult Of Personality"...

Haven't been to a WWE show in a few years, so I wouldn't know.

If you read this thread, you might get the idea that Dean Ambrose is the second coming of Jackie Gayda.

Holy shit guys, he's not that bad. 

A lot of fans confuse a guy getting his push botched with him being bad. They will deny it up and down but it is true. Ambrose as he is now is a poor fit for current WWE. 

The only thing that bothered me was how Swagger was treated in the Rumble match by Brock. I'm all for protecting Brock, but even Andre the Giant let a guy get his shots in.

Follow

sm4wa2xhcm6x02jh8ap8_bigger.pngMax Landis

No thank you.

• Like 1

You know the best thing AJ Styles ever did was grow his hair out like that. It gives him just the right amount of sophisticated sleaze to his look. Short-haired AJ looks like a guy who does shooting star planchas into crowds of Jeff G. Bailey proteges . Shaggy-haired AJ looks like a guy I buy wrestling in the WWE.

• Like 1

Haven't read the last 30 pages.

Thought this was a good Rumble. Didn't get to watch the first match but heard that it was really good. The Rumble match itself was great. This is one in a long time that had no down time at all. Every big name eliminated was counteracted by someone big making an entrance.

The people that I read complaining online elsewhere about the finish, this finish was logical. Everyone knew going in that this was the most probable and they went through with it since the story going into the match called for exactly that finish or Roman overcoming the odds. If they went with any other finish then the story that is on going wouldn't make sense.

WWE is big on the main over arching story and yes it is tiresome that it has been going on forever but last night was the continuation of that story. If AJ or Ambrose would have won it would have thrown a big wrench in the story. One thing WWE has always (mostly) done heading towards Mania every year is focused stories and this one has been with the key focus on the Authority screwing over top babyface and now this person is the one that they want to get over huge.

The crowds have been hit and miss with Roman. Sometimes he is cheered as he was the second coming of Cena and other times he is booed unmercifully. I am sure Vince and company think the crowds are nuts and have no idea what they want so they (Vince and co.) will book the shows how they see fit.  

• Like 1

Naive Max Landis truly believes this is the grand climax to the Triple H character.

How very cute.

You what else is killing Roman Reigns?  He's using BELIEVE THAT as his catchphrase.  He's using a catcphrase from a bad Martin Lawrence movie.  It's like three steps below using something like "Yeah baby yeah" or "oh behave" as your catchphrase in WWE in 2016.

Are people angry about HHH? I'm more ambivalent, but mocking the silliness of thinking that a "HHH vs. Reigns for the title" feud in 2016 is worth anything. In the moment, sure, I was rooting for Ambrose, a guy I don't like, but after the fact, I'm ho-hum. That's the sense I get from most other folks, too. The booking is at least logical, even if it's so dull that I can't be arsed to care about it.