DVDVR Message Board

ROYAL RUMBLE 2016 POST SHOW

RIPPA

You know what the best part about the 20 minute Triple H promo we're going to get tomorrow is?

It's not a ten minute Seth Rollins promo.

The last year and a half of 15-20 minute Seth Rollins promos every week has been the worst period in wrestling history. 

• Like 1

And yet, Carolina beat Seattle twice this season, including at Seattle. You can only play the schedule you have, period.

If New England actually shows up Week 17, that game today is in Foxborough and has a likely different outcome. But is that Carolina's fault?

You know what the best part about the 20 minute Triple H promo we're going to get tomorrow is?

The last year and a half of 15-20 minute Seth Rollins promos every week has been the worst period in wrestling history. 

Without the twenty minute interminable HHH promo, would we even have the ten minute interminable Seth Rollins promo?

The roof would have blown off the fucking arena had Ambrose won and it would have been unpredictable.

Instead, same old shit. So fucking boring and predictable.

I thought maybe....just maybe...they would do that and have Ambrose drop it at the next PPV but nope....

Without the twenty minute interminable HHH promo, would we even have the ten minute interminable Seth Rollins promo?

I'd take an hour long HHH promo over 5 minutes of Seth Rollins.

The amount all three of them, in different ways, were better together then apart is amazing.

This is true. All three guys were heavily protected in Shield and all suffered when their weaknesses were exposed. Dean probably the most, because Jesus fuck is he garbage. Rollins at least you knew was a flippy dippy shit head who would try to impress you to distract you from his complete lack of psychology and selling. Roman ended up being the best guy in the ring. Who would have thought?

The amount all three of them, in different ways, were better together then apart is amazing.

they could have begun feuding right around.... now. It's amazing that some of these "young guys" have in fact been around for a long time now and are no more over than they were 3 years ago.

And yet, Carolina beat Seattle twice this season, including at Seattle. You can only play the schedule you have, period.

Sure, but that doesn't mean that I forgive their schedule totally when assessing how they stack up against other teams. 

I'm not quite sure what Seattle has to do with it because they're a dysfunctional team that you could argue was the best in the league, talent-wise. They suck to root for and weren't the best team in the league full stop, but that has nothing to do with Carolina beating the Saints, Bucs, and Falcons for five free wins and having low SOS to the point where that 11-7 including playoffs team was the best one they beat (Arizona was a mirage, but that was always obvious, no?). 

But this is not a football thread because I'm avoiding those threads because the coaches of my team wasted maybe three years in which my team could have (should have?) won titles. Let's talk about the mismanagement of the WWE instead of the mismanagement of my (or any other) football team. 

Sure, but that doesn't mean that I forgive their schedule totally when assessing how they stack up against other teams.

I'm not quite sure what Seattle has to do with it because they're a dysfunctional team that you could argue was the best in the league, talent-wise. They suck to root for and weren't the best team in the league full stop, but that has nothing to do with Carolina beating the Saints, Bucs, and Falcons for five free wins and having low SOS to the point where that 11-7 including playoffs team was the best one they beat (Arizona was a mirage, but that was always obvious, no?).

But this is not a football thread because I'm avoiding those threads because the coaches of my team wasted maybe three years in which my team could have (should have?) won titles. Let's talk about the mismanagement of the WWE instead of the mismanagement of my (or any other) football team.

And how many teams in history fucked themselves out of titles by not taking care of business that they should have? At the end of the day, the scoreboard is the only thing that matters.

they could have begun feuding right around.... now. It's amazing that some of these "young guys" have in fact been around for a long time now and are no more over than they were 3 years ago.

More and more like TNA every day. They even have AJ Styles to do nothing with now!

Seeing AJ Styles in a WWE ring was awesome but hooboy does he look like a midget now that he's in the land of the giants. Reigns made AJ look like Hornswoggle and Reigns isn't even one of the top 5 biggest (size-wise) guys in the company. When AJ tried hitting Reigns with a Styles Clash I just kept thinking "sir, that's not possible because you're too small/he's too big."

I was actually impressed with his size. I've always considered him the penultimate vanilla midget and he looked not just believable but larger than life out there. I was kind of shocked.

I'm with you. I was surprised that AJ looked fine next to Roman and that Ambrose looked fine next to HHH.

Shield probably broke up just a smidge too soon, but they were already spinning their wheels when it happened. Keeping them together as a unit for another year and a half when they had already defeated the entire roster twice over would have been stupid and boring.

Reigns/HHH has been built up forever, but there's no reason to have to incorporate the world title, which could be used to make other people look good in more interesting matches, in a feud like this.  The evil powers that be vs the defiant outsider they're trying to keep down is enough of an angle on its own. 

It really is.  Though a lot of that has to do with the mostly awful angles and promos they've been given to work with since.

Rollins wasn't a good promo but he had one hell of an in-ring resume. I'm including the Shield tags in that because Rollins was always the best guy in their trios.

He was easily the MVP of last year's Rumble match with Cena and Brock.  Booking him like a weak chickenshit champ didn't do him any favors, but saying he sucks in-ring is highly off base.

Seeing AJ Styles in a WWE ring was awesome but hooboy does he look like a midget now that he's in the land of the giants. Reigns made AJ look like Hornswoggle and Reigns isn't even one of the top 5 biggest (size-wise) guys in the company. When AJ tried hitting Reigns with a Styles Clash I just kept thinking "sir, that's not possible because you're too small/he's too big."

I was actually impressed with his size. I've always considered him the penultimate vanilla midget and he looked not just believable but larger than life out there. I was kind of shocked.

I'm with you. I was surprised that AJ looked fine next to Roman and that Ambrose looked fine next to HHH.

I thought he was good size-wise, but the gear was very jojo. Gonna want to do something with that, it looks very low rent.

Did anyone else love Rusev not giving up that monitor? Like he was looting the announce table to send equipment back to Bulgarian National TV service.

I loved that so much. My buddy and I were texting each other shit like "I claim this monitor for Mother Russia!"

And how many teams in history fucked themselves out of titles by not taking care of business that they should have? At the end of the day, the scoreboard is the only thing that matters.

So? That has nothing to do with Carolina not being a top-ten team all-time. The champion is often not the best actual team. Titles are great, but they're a flawed metric precisely because of small sample sizes. Winning Lombardis is great, but 9-7 reg. season teams have won them. You don't think the 9-7 Giants were actually better than the 16-0 Patriots, do you? Play that game a hundred times, and the Pats win the easy majority. 

Juuuuuuust like HHH's fourteen title reigns or whatever don't make him as good as Ricky Steamboat even though Steamboat had fewer title reigns. Ha, see how I did that? Stayed somewhat on topic? I amaze myself. 

Did anyone else love Rusev not giving up that monitor? Like he was looting the announce table to send equipment back to Bulgarian National TV service.

I loved that so much. My buddy and I were texting each other shit like "I claim this monitor for Mother Russia!"

It should be around his neck tomorrow.

• Like 1

I thought he was good size-wise, but the gear was very jojo. Gonna want to do something with that, it looks very low rent.

I get that the hoodie thing is his deal, but he needed to at least bedazzle that thing some more.

So? That has nothing to do with Carolina not being a top-ten team all-time. The champion is often not the best actual team. Titles are great, but they're a flawed metric precisely because of small sample sizes. Winning Lombardis is great, but 9-7 reg. season teams have won them. You don't think the 9-7 Giants were actually better than the 16-0 Patriots, do you? Play that game a hundred times, and the Pats win the easy majority. 

Juuuuuuust like HHH's fourteen title reigns or whatever don't make him as good as Ricky Steamboat even though Steamboat had fewer title reigns. Ha, see how I did that? Stayed somewhat on topic? I amaze myself. 

Nice strawman. Carolina's not 9-7, they're 17-1. They beat the team I bet you'd call the best team twice. And of course championships factor in. Think Seattle gives a flying fuck they had one of the best DVOAs of all time?