DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble 2016.

The Natural

The biggest down side to Bray winning the Rumble is its yet another reason for Steph and Hunter to do a Raw open/angle where they aren't happy that the Champ isn't 'there choice/best for business.'

Except this time it would actually be logical and somewhat compelling.

I'd be fine with this if it led to an angle where they apologized to Roman publicly and begged him to get the title back. They admit that they were foolish and that he's everything they want in a champ. Then he says that he'll do it, but if he wins at WM, they have to stop trying to control the title and only show up weekly to book matches and settle disputes, maybe relay match orders from a championship committee instead of arbitrarily making the matches themselves. They agree, he wins, we get a championship committee and the Authority become figureheads instead of active participants in storylines. 

Nah, you have Bray placing the belt on a blood coated altar with red candles in the dark sacrificing it to a higher power and his dark god.  Bray carries the blood soaked belt to ring every time like an idol guarded by his minions.  You bring in a girl dressed all white with blood stains and black hair.  She holds the belt for Bray.  Then a few months later you reveal the higher power to be Shane who brainwashed Bray and sent him on a mission to destroy the Authority for kicking him out of the family business.

They would never do something that dark but boy would it go over.

Nah, you have Bray placing the belt on a blood coated altar with red candles in the dark sacrificing it to a higher power and his dark god.  Bray carries the blood soaked belt to ring every time like an idol guarded by his minions.  You bring in a girl dressed all white with blood stains and black hair.  She holds the belt for Bray.  Then a few months later you reveal the higher power to be Shane who brainwashed Bray and sent him on a mission to destroy the Authority for kicking him out of the family business.

They would never do something that dark but boy would it go over.

This idea sucks

I've got a better idea.

HOW ABOUT NO MORE FUCKING MCMAHON FAMILY ANGLES.

Seriously, that shit was old and tired FIFTEEN YEARS AGO.

I don't mind a HHH angle. I don't mind a Vince angle. I don't even mind a Stephanie angle although they need to figure out what they're doing with her that isn't burying the talent people pay to see. But McMahon vs McMahon? FUCK NO NEVER AGAIN DO YOU HEAR ME?!

• Like 9

I know Russo once said he felt eventually in WCW they would get to the point where we wouldn't necessarily see the ring every week.

By 2001 he was right.

I've got a better idea.

I don't mind a HHH angle. I don't mind a Vince angle. I don't even mind a Stephanie angle although they need to figure out what they're doing with her that isn't burying the talent people pay to see. But McMahon vs McMahon? FUCK NO NEVER AGAIN DO YOU HEAR ME?!

I got to the end of an era match from Fully Loaded 99 and Vince could not get to October. 

Shane was eventually the worst one. Going from getting killed by Test and X-Pac to fighting Kane evenly in death matches. 

I've got a better idea.

I'm taking it a step further. I never want to see HHH or the McMahon's as on screen characters ever again. The Mr. McMahon character jumped the shark in 1999 as the Higher Power. Wrestling doesn't need evil bosses anymore.
  • Like 2

I'd be fine with this if it led to an angle where they apologized to Roman publicly and begged him to get the title back. They admit that they were foolish and that he's everything they want in a champ. Then he says that he'll do it, but if he wins at WM, they have to stop trying to control the title and only show up weekly to book matches and settle disputes, maybe relay match orders from a championship committee instead of arbitrarily making the matches themselves. They agree, he wins, we get a championship committee and the Authority become figureheads instead of active participants in storylines. 

One way to handle that is to have HHH and Steph realize there are worse fates than having Roman Reigns as champion.  So they recruit Reigns into the Authority.  Reigns accepts, because not only does he want the championship back but he wants to cave in Bray's skull this time around.  And it doesn't make sense to fight HHH and Bray at the same time.  Since he and Hunter share a common enemy, Roman figures it's smart to work together. Naturally, Ambrose is upset over Roman siding with the Authority and sees it as betrayal.

Roman wins back the belt--just as Rollins is set to return and makes his claim on the championship he didn't actually lose.  And he also wants to get back into the Authority's good graces. HHH appreciates dealing with a guy who actually fights his own battles in Roman, and Reigns likes the security being part of the Authority gives him.  So they tell Rollins to beat it, thus making Reigns a full-on heel.  Rollins chases after Reigns, resuming their unfinished feud.  And Ambrose chases both of his former Shield brothers as the so-called lunatic who hasn't been tainted by associating with HHH/Steph.

This eventually leads to the Shield triple threat match at WM 33 and post-WM, the guys realize that HHH originally recruited Rollins because he knew he and Evolution couldn't beat the Shield in the ring, so he talked Rollins into being a turncoat.  The band gets back together and take down the Authority once and for all at either Survivors Series 2017 or WM 34.