DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

2 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

How the hell have none of these guys banded together and just striked? Like I'm pretty sure if they all held up a show right before it was about to start, they could get some answers. Granted it's a nuclear option...but when it comes to TNA you're not dealing with rational people.

Love that there are still people that think wrestlers can do some kind of unionizing.  I doubt they can agree what toppings to put on the catering pizza much less striking.  All you have to do is look at ECW where most of the guys weren't getting paid in months and still towed the company line.  And you know Heyman was handing out TNA money.  

Plus like ECW, most of those guys really want TNA to survive because there is really nothing left except small indie shows and conventions.   There is probably 2 or 3 guys on that current roster that Ring of Honor or WWE would interested in.  From the sounds of it, the only reason they give a shit about buying TNA is because of the tape library 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

Plus like ECW, most of those guys really want TNA to survive because there is really nothing left except small indie shows and conventions.   There is probably 2 or 3 guys on that current roster that Ring of Honor or WWE would interested in.  From the sounds of it, the only reason they give a shit about buying TNA is because of the tape library 

I love how, when you become a pro wrestler, you apparently suffer some sort of mental block for the rest of your life where the idea of going to community college and learning a new career is completely incomprehensible.

Not that I'm unsympathetic when these guys lose their jobs, but I've lost count of how many guys have gone on Twitter or a shoot interview after getting fired from WWE/TNA or not being able to get a job with WWE/TNA and are all "How am I going to feed my family now."

Um, just an idea, but maybe go back to college and start your life over?

• Like 4

Oh it isn't like they are going to go homeless and shit.  Hell I bet guys like Cody Rhodes and Gail Kim can quit right now.  And people like Trevor Lee, Andrew Everett, and Allie (Cherry Bomb) will be in more demand on the indies.   But if they want to continue to scratch that itch on a national stage then chances are TNA is the last option.  

The one TNA where Shannon Moore debuted with the mohawk, eyeliner, and Book of Dilligaf.

That is one of the very few times where I went from "this guy is playing a character, trying to earn a living" to "this is fucking stupid, fuck this guy for agreeing to participate in this dumb ass gimmick/skit."

4 hours ago, hammerva said:

Oh it isn't like they are going to go homeless and shit.  Hell I bet guys like Cody Rhodes and Gail Kim can quit right now.  And people like Trevor Lee, Andrew Everett, and Allie (Cherry Bomb) will be in more demand on the indies.   But if they want to continue to scratch that itch on a national stage then chances are TNA is the last option.  

Guys like Trevor Lee are still young enough that they can really build their names through the indies, although he might also be loyal to the Hardy Boys, too. I'd argue Lee gets more exposure working for places like PWG and AAW than he does for TNA. 

I gave up on TNA a long time ago, and I really want this fucking company to die. But Dixie won't cooperate. Stop enabling her, whoever it was that was stupid enough to give her money this time!

24 minutes ago, cubbymark said:

I gave up on TNA a long time ago, and I really want this fucking company to die. But Dixie won't cooperate. Stop enabling her, whoever it was that was stupid enough to give her money this time!

It's not so much I want TNA to die, I do, but it's more like, I want Dixie Carter away from wrestling FOREVER. I want Vince Russo to become a forgotten boogeyman of wrestling's past. I don't hate the wrestlers, and yeah the name is dumb, but it's the people who want to shovel this shit at me and tell me it's good, great, best thing in wrestling today, shilling at the top of their lungs that this isn't garbage....yeah that shit needs to fucking die.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, zev said:

So it's not being bought by Chef/talk show host Robert Irvine?

To be honest, I would be absolutely shocked if Bound for Glory and the tapings WEREN'T paid for by Irvine.

He's not one of Corgan/Aroluxe (so wouldn't have been a seen investor), he'd have the money to finance the tapings, and the fact Gail Kim had been thinking of retirement soon, combined with BFG having her TNA Hall of Fame induction, would have it make perfect sense the tapings went through by Gail asking for him to finance BFG and/or the taping run for her, just so TNA lived long enough to formally induct her in the Hall of Fame.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerome Miller said:

The one TNA where Jesse Neal debuted with the mohawk, eyeliner, and Book of Dilligaf.

He debuted doing the 'ex-military special guest ring announcer' gimmick that a few other veterans also did. But then they turned it into an angle where some heel or other tried to get heat on the ring announcer and he fought back.

He then went all mohawked and guylinered slightly later. It was Shannon Mooer who wore the book around his neck though.

25 minutes ago, DTTW said:

It's not so much I want TNA to die... I don't hate the wrestlers, and yeah the name is dumb, but it's the people who want to shovel this shit at me and tell me it's good, great, best thing in wrestling today, shilling at the top of their lungs that this isn't garbage....yeah that shit needs to fucking die.

You want to kill Josh Matthews?

4 hours ago, cubbymark said:

I read this and immediately thought of the following:

Nah man, I don't wish her death or anything that bad, but she is clearly terrible at pro wrestling. I mean at an unprecedented level. She's lost millions of dollars when most promotions blow through a few grand and then it's over for them. And she got taken advantage of, in a really bad way, by multiple sharks looking to take as many bites as they could from the money mark. Don't get me wrong, she has her faults and she's done a lot of boneheaded things, but between Bischoff, Hogan, Russo, Jarrett, that WWE production guy, etc, a bunch of people used and abused her for all that they could. I fully suspect that reports about her being a nice person are true, and that's exactly what those leeches saw and grabbed on to. I hope if they go under Dixie buries a few people on the way out because of how bad they all clearly fucked her over. But she's too nice.

If she had been a ruthless shark, things would have been so much better. She should have had 100% control over everything because she literally held all the power and was the one putting out the paychecks. The WWE castoffs had nowhere else to really go for the most part - Hogan ain't working japan brother, and she should have ruled them with an iron fist. Kurt Angle should have been entrant one into the Wash Dixie's Feet Club because his options were darn close to zero. All the indy guys - she should have used her TV time to make stars. They'd work for cheap and between all the guys who went on to be stars for WWE, they clearly had the possibilities to do that, but nope. Thanks Hulkster, Russo, Jarrett, and the ilk. The moment those guys got out of line on anything Dixie wanted, she should have pointed to the door and told them to get the fuck out. They offered so little value that if it weren't for TNA, well I have no idea what guys like them would be doing, but it probably wouldn't be for anywhere near as much money that they clearly didn't deserve. Last I knew Jarrett was hawking gold bars. He should have been doing that in 2000 because no one but Memphis wants to pay to see him wrestle. He's a solid hand I'll give him that, but he's never been a main event player and he wasn't going to become one because he owned another wrestling promotion.  He also hasn't proven himself to be much of a draw. Punk just drew between 425k and 475k viewers to PPV. TNA's best PPV drew like what, 60k. These people all suck at wrestling and it's in their best interest and the public's, that they do something else with their lives.

Dixie is just not cut out to be in the business. Ruthlessness is king. Vince has it, Steph learned it well from him, and HHH learned that game better than anyone else. Dixie is just not cut like that. Mark Cuban could have a shot.

8 hours ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Funny you should say that.  Smith Hart went on Dragons Den the Canadian version of Shark Tank trying to get seed money for a Stampede Wrestling reboot

That's at least twice now that some wrestler has gone onto Dragons Den looking for money. Did it end poorly?

2 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

That's at least twice now that some wrestler has gone onto Dragons Den looking for money. Did it end poorly?

The Boston pizza guy Jim Treiliving knew Smith and was friendly with him so then he brought out a few guys that started chopping each other. Then he asked for 350000 for 30% and they told him he was nuts