DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2016 UPCOMING MOVIE TYPE THINGS:

RIPPA

20 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Isn't Jessica Alba super rich why is she doing this. got bored?

Yeah, she's a billionaire or close to it. 

According to Google, her net worth is estimated at $197 million. Which is really really rich, but not particularly close to a billion. She owns a slice of a billion dollar company, not the whole thing.

Addendum: other sources peg her net worth at $350 million. 

Now if The Honest Company does go through with an IPO, and it hits big, she could end up in the billionaire class.

On June 25, 2016 at 3:32 AM, Casey said:

Isn't Tommy Lee Jones super rich why is he doing this. got bored?

At his age it's either feeding ducks or showing up on movie sets to let one of the actors know that he hates them and won't sanction their buffoonery. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

At his age it's either feeding ducks or showing up on movie sets to let one of the actors know that he hates them and won't sanction their buffoonery. 

I love that Jim Carrey story for its absurdity. 

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Remember all that mystery that surrounded the teaser? Yeah that's all gone now

Yeah, there is no way I am pushing the play button on that YouTube link.  I am staying nice and ignorant until this movie drops.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 0:58 AM, Brian Fowler said:

According to Google, her net worth is estimated at $197 million. Which is really really rich, but not particularly close to a billion. She owns a slice of a billion dollar company, not the whole thing.

I am just thrilled that she had the common sense to do something wise with her money or she was at least bright enough to have a really good and trustworthy financial advisor. 

Just as I say that I am avoiding all Morgan shit, here comes Zeidler with timely analysis not wrapped in spoiler tags.

Thanks for that, Mike.

I guess we can all chime in with open nerd trailer analysis now that everything is fucked up.

After Zeidler fucked up J.T.'s ability to enjoy this I was so excited to see the opening of the trailer and was thinking

Spoiler

this was, in fact, a stealth sequel to Ex machina, which would be fucking rad.  But then, yeah, it's just a bigger glossier ripoff minus all the mind games and moral ambiguity and with telekinesis shit tacked on, which is lame.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hey, at least we don't have to go see it (at least in the theater) now.

Spoiler

I know. It's just a glossy version of the average Albert Pyun cyborg movie.  Wait what am I saying, there is nothing average about an ALbert Pyun cyborg movie!

• Like 2

So a Tetris movie is being made by Larry Kasanoff (who produced the Mortal Kombat movies and somehow, also, True Lies).   He recently announced that the project was "too big" for one movie and is splitting it into a trilogy. 

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jun/28/tetris-films-trilogy

I'd like to point out that Mr. Kasanoff is writing a movie about falling/stacking/disappearing blocks and that this is absolutely not a front for laundering money for organized crime. 

• Like 1

I dunno, if you play it straight like Yu-Gi-Oh! and that the fate of the world relies on Head-to-Heat Tetris Games dating back to ancient times, it could work, I guess.

Can that make me a Hollywood Exec?

7 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

So a Tetris movie is being made by Larry Kasanoff (who produced the Mortal Kombat movies and somehow, also, True Lies).   He recently announced that the project was "too big" for one movie and is splitting it into a trilogy. 

I'd like to point out that Mr. Kasanoff is writing a movie about falling/stacking/disappearing blocks and that this is absolutely not a front for laundering money for organized crime. 

Hollywood is a diseaed Redwood forrest with trees that must be cut down to save the rest.

Cut those trees.

• Like 1

I was going to joke that the trailer should just be that fucking Justin Timberlake song but it turns out that that is basically what they did

22 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

No one does trilogies anymore.  The final film will be divided up into Welltris Part One and Welltris Part Two.

• Like 1