DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2015 - WEEK FIFTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

Would you rather hear "Into the hands of Charles Woodson" instead?

Probably not, though Charles Woodson is my dude.

I just find it amazing that Davante made it through high school, college and now 2 years of professional football as a receiver. He's never quite got the receiving part down.

DALLAS ROAD REPORT!!!!!

Saturday - awake at 5 am. FUCK. Flight to Chicago, no problems. Had some chili and a beer at the Blackhawks bar in the airport. United's terminal had all these plugs for your mobile devices, but none of them worked, so that's a second FUCK to United.

Flight from Chicago to Dallas - very good times. Sat next to a lovely young woman from Nebraska. Turns out she's releasing a book about men, and how they behave towards women next year, so if there's something about a guy from Canada she met on a plane, that's me. Arrived around 2:40, cabbie could not find my hotel. A sign of things to come, unfortunately...

Got to the hotel around 3:30, relaxed for 90 minutes, then had to cab to the stadium, since apparently there's no public transportation from Dallas proper to Arlington. Found some people to tailgate with (including New York Jets Macho Man!!!), then it was time to walk over to JerryWorld...

God damn, what a beautiful stadium that is. Made the mistake of walking the stairs to the 400 level, instead of walking the ramps. Got ID'ed at the beer stand, then headed to my seat. There was some Jets fans in the seats beside me, and there was enough of us around to get some actual "J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!" chants going when they did stuff that was good. Almost all of the Dallas fans were cool, except for two dicks behind us, who were such devoted fans they left after the third quarter.

Not the best game ever, but it was fun. I turned to the Cowboys fans when Cassel got bench and told them that wasn't part of the deal, and not legal. They all laughed, and told me the wished he got benched after the Washington game. The Jets fans beside me actually brought a beer back for me after halftime, which was very considerate. Jets win, and then the schmozz getting home....

Ran into some people staying at the same hotel, so we decicded to cab home together. We were told that the Wal-Mart across the street from the stadium was a good place to catch a cab. Too bad nobody could get into the parking lot. The four of us ended up buying some beer at Wal-Mart, and some double cheeseburgers from the McDonald's restaurant, and drank and ate in the parking lot until we finally caught a cab around 12:30. This cabbie couldn't find our hotel either. Good thing we had negotiated a flat rate before we took off. Did not get back to the hotel until after 1 am, and I had to catch a 5:45 shuttle to the airport. FUCK.

Dallas airport was full of tired Jets fans, there was a 6:45 flight to Newark full of green. Flew to Denver then back to Winnipeg. Got stuck beside a crazy lady with a light up Christmas sweater for the flight to Denver. There was some turbulence on the flight, and she breaks out her phone to update her info "in case we crash and die, my family will know". The WORST type of person to sit beside on a plane.

High points of the trip: Jets winning, and the lovely lass from Omaha

Low points: taxi cab drivers getting lost

• Like 2

I just saw a piece of paper in Redskins colors that simply said You Like That on the refrigerator here at my company (suburban DC).  I have literally not heard a peep about this team here since their one good season with RG3.  This team's bandwagon fanbase is flat-out amazing in their complete and utter shamelessness.

Schefter reporting that a one-game suspension for ODB/OBJ/whatever we're calling him now is "likely." Well, shut my mouth.

Decision would likely have to come down before the end of the day today so he would have enough time for a potential appeal before Sunday.

Schefter says OBJ is probably getting a week off for his actions this weekend. 

The more I think about it, maybe Norman should too. If you're not dumb - and most of ya'll aren't - you can figure out what he was driving at with the ballerina stuff and what Finnegan was on about with the female stuff. That's really not OK and I imagine on field was a whole lot of that stuff. It's 2015, even in the NFL that's pretty unacceptable.

I morally think he should, but I'm glad he won't though! 

DALLAS ROAD REPORT!!!!!

Saturday - awake at 5 am. FUCK. Flight to Chicago, no problems. Had some chili and a beer at the Blackhawks bar in the airport. United's terminal had all these plugs for your mobile devices, but none of them worked, so that's a second FUCK to United.

Flight from Chicago to Dallas - very good times. Sat next to a lovely young woman from Nebraska. Turns out she's releasing a book about men, and how they behave towards women next year, so if there's something about a guy from Canada she met on a plane, that's me. Arrived around 2:40, cabbie could not find my hotel. A sign of things to come, unfortunately...

Got to the hotel around 3:30, relaxed for 90 minutes, then had to cab to the stadium, since apparently there's no public transportation from Dallas proper to Arlington. Found some people to tailgate with (including New York Jets Macho Man!!!), then it was time to walk over to JerryWorld...

God damn, what a beautiful stadium that is. Made the mistake of walking the stairs to the 400 level, instead of walking the ramps. Got ID'ed at the beer stand, then headed to my seat. There was some Jets fans in the seats beside me, and there was enough of us around to get some actual "J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!" chants going when they did stuff that was good. Almost all of the Dallas fans were cool, except for two dicks behind us, who were such devoted fans they left after the third quarter.

Not the best game ever, but it was fun. I turned to the Cowboys fans when Cassel got bench and told them that wasn't part of the deal, and not legal. They all laughed, and told me the wished he got benched after the Washington game. The Jets fans beside me actually brought a beer back for me after halftime, which was very considerate. Jets win, and then the schmozz getting home....

Ran into some people staying at the same hotel, so we decicded to cab home together. We were told that the Wal-Mart across the street from the stadium was a good place to catch a cab. Too bad nobody could get into the parking lot. The four of us ended up buying some beer at Wal-Mart, and some double cheeseburgers from the McDonald's restaurant, and drank and ate in the parking lot until we finally caught a cab around 12:30. This cabbie couldn't find our hotel either. Good thing we had negotiated a flat rate before we took off. Did not get back to the hotel until after 1 am, and I had to catch a 5:45 shuttle to the airport. FUCK.

Dallas airport was full of tired Jets fans, there was a 6:45 flight to Newark full of green. Flew to Denver then back to Winnipeg. Got stuck beside a crazy lady with a light up Christmas sweater for the flight to Denver. There was some turbulence on the flight, and she breaks out her phone to update her info "in case we crash and die, my family will know". The WORST type of person to sit beside on a plane.

Sounds like a fun weekend...but Dallas to Newark to Denver to Winnipeg? Fuck that sounds crazy.

I just saw a piece of paper in Redskins colors that simply said You Like That on the refrigerator here at my company (suburban DC).  I have literally not heard a peep about this team here since their one good season with RG3.  This team's bandwagon fanbase is flat-out amazing in their complete and utter shamelessness.

There hasn't been anything worth talking about since that season other than a bunch of drama and shitty on the field performance.

Schefter says OBJ is probably getting a week off for his actions this weekend.

Hopefully the officiating crew gets a couple weeks as well. Beckham not getting kicked out was ridiculous.

DALLAS ROAD REPORT!!!!!

Sounds like a fun weekend...but Dallas to Newark to Denver to Winnipeg? Fuck that sounds crazy.

I should have been more clear. I was Dallas-Denver-Winnipeg, but there was a plane to Newark leaving around the same time from Dallas that was full of Jets fans.

You have to think that the Panthers organization will get fined too. . . .

Why? They do that before every game. It's a pregame ritual of theirs. Their D carries black bats b/c it symbolizes "home run plays" or something to that effect. If they haven't gotten fined before, they shouldn't be now.

• Like 1

You have to think that the Panthers organization will get fined too. . . .

Why? They do that before every game. It's a pregame ritual of theirs. Their D carries black bats b/c it symbolizes "home run plays" or something to that effect. If they haven't gotten fined before, they shouldn't be now.

The Saints did that before their 2009 playoff game against Arizona, too.

Don't recall Larry Fitzgerald snapping and trying to take anyone's head off.

Bring bats on the field is a pretty stupid ritual. What next, teams bringing axes on the field because they "chop down the competition"? The NFL fines players for wearing the wrong socks, but carrying around bats on the field pregame is OK?

• Like 5