DVDVR Message Board

2013 NFL Preseason

Dolfan in NYC

Hey, now, Stabby McStabberson only obstructed justice in a case where some guy was stabbed to death, and then rolled over on his buddies, who were, unlike Stabby, acquitted, and McStabberson remains the only man convicted of any crime in said stabbing death.

Right but my point is how he's remembered.
One guy was involved in a murder and the other is a dope with an imaginary girlfriend. People have already moved on. A year from now only a few will even care. This is especially true if he plays well. This isn't to say that even the douchebags at Deadspin will have moved on, or you won't have fans for the opposing team when San Diego is on the road trying to get into Manti's head, but most everyone else will be focused on whatever else is the hot-button topic. For example, freaking Johnny Manziel has received more coverage for trolling other college kids than Aaron Hernandez as of late, while coverage and exposure for Hernandez has slowed to a near trickle. Since Manti's so called life had the attention of the nation, I would guess that there have been at least 30 stories to garner mass-attention, with each new story burying the ones that came before it more and more.
People should bring up how gullible Manti Teo is anytime he gets fooled by a play-action pass or other trick play.
Shit, now I want this to happen.

You say people have "moved on" and that's true to the extent that they don't give a shit about the guy or the story anymore but if you mention his name to them they know exactly who you'd be talking about and for that reason.  It doesn't matter if he makes a lot of tackles or gets a few sacks, as much as you want to think people have "moved on" they just aren't going to forget that story.  He'll always be associated with it.  Even if he ends up a hall of famer.  

• Like 1

Ugh, if the NFL Network can only fill their training camp coverage time by recycling the same thing over and over, why do it? You have a ridiculous backlog of classic games you could throw on.

It's like NFL Network thinks there's only 8-9 teams in the entire league...

NFL is reportedly changing the Pro Bowl from AFC VS NFC to two captains essentially drafting fantasy teams that then play each other.

This year's captains will be Jerry Rice & Deion Sanders.

Vintage Sexy Rexy from DC Sports Bog's Sarah Kogod:

Perhaps the best answer of the day came from Rex Grossman. When I asked him what his dish would be, he thought for a minute and then smiled.

“The best beer in the house,” he said, before trotting off.

After a week in the mountains with no technology it is nice to get home and catch up on what happened. Cooper pulls a Paula Deen. Stupid but at least he isn't an integral part of the team so it could be worse. Go back a few more days news and see Maclin is out too. Fuck. All that is left is to now go read some training camp reports to see Vick in the lead for the job.

I once worked at Lincoln Financial Center during a Kenny Chesney concert, and at one point had a line of over a thousand people waiting to get in because I was the only white ticket taker at the gate.

This is probably the only case in human history where one could use the "it could've been anyone" defense and get away with it.