DVDVR Message Board

Copa America Centenario

Dolfan in NYC

Seeing a bunch of "Why did we play Wondo" posts around in my FB feed/elsewhere.

There was no combination of 11 American players, including the three out on cards, that were going to make that game remotely competitive. 4th place is as good as could possibly be hoped for, never mind expected.. Everything else is playing with house money.

On 6/23/2016 at 2:00 PM, Cristobal said:

Seeing a bunch of "Why did we play Wondo" posts around in my FB feed/elsewhere.

There was no combination of 11 American players, including the three out on cards, that were going to make that game remotely competitive. 4th place is as good as could possibly be hoped for, never mind expected.. Everything else is playing with house money.

While that was more than likely true, why not use the last two matches to get Pulisic and Nagbe more national team experience instead of throwing the likes of Wondo and Beckerman out there to state at Messi as he gleefully skips right past them for another goal?

Also, it's probably past time to put Bradley out to pasture, as well. Dude's been a turnover machine since Brazil two years ago.

10 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Apparently, Messi is retiring from international competition. 

Can't blame him... he looked like he'd seen a ghost after he blew the PK. Dude was shook.

Guest Edwin

I don't know why Tata Martino choose Higuaín over Dybala... Heck I don't know how Dyabala didn't make his squad at all. I know he's lined up for the Olympics, but still, he should've been on the Copa América squad over the Olympics squad.