DVDVR Message Board

Copa America Centenario

Dolfan in NYC

Got a ticket to Chile-Panama in Philly for $19. Not bad to see one of the best teams in the world beat up on a decent CONCACAF side.

Guest Edwin

Mexico vs. Uruguay was really good.

Best game of the Copa so far.

This Copa has already been a lot better than last years which was horrible.

Classy Mexican fans STILL doing the "puto" chant on goal kicks. FIFA is definitely going to punish the Mexican Federation by making them play WC qualifiers behind closed doors. Ha, just kidding, that would only happen to smaller nations that aren't as consequential to FIFA's bottom line.

The people who organized this tournament have done an amazing job of setting back public perception of the sport in this country. All the hot taeks in the media are "Luk at all teh empty seatz nobody carez about stoopid sawker" and it just pisses me off. The greedy organizers are charging ridiculous prices for these games and the result has been predictable. Would you pay $250 to see Argentina play Panama? If you held the game in either of those nations and charged those prices do you really think the crowd wouldn't be sparse?

4 hours ago, sabremike said:

The people who organized this tournament have done an amazing job of setting back public perception of the sport in this country. All the hot taeks in the media are "Luk at all teh empty seatz nobody carez about stoopid sawker" and it just pisses me off. The greedy organizers are charging ridiculous prices for these games and the result has been predictable. Would you pay $250 to see Argentina play Panama? If you held the game in either of those nations and charged those prices do you really think the crowd wouldn't be sparse?

Yes.

1 hour ago, Raziel403 said:

No one's learned that using logic with Mike doesn't work?

Guess I was imagining the whole empty deck at Soldier Field. And seeing Messi seal club a minnow playing with 10 men isn't worth twice as much as I paid to see the World Series, sorry. He does that against Brazil different story.

Also why are final group games not being played at the same time (yes I know the answer is TV)? There is a very good reason just about any other tournament does so.