DVDVR Message Board

Raw 8-24-15 - Post-Summerslam Show

MGFanJay

Especially right now that there's no tag teams about to get super over....waaaaait a secooond....

When has having too many teams that are over ever been an issue though?  Dudleys are on the face side. They aren't taking time away from New Day..

I just fear them taking the titles and doing a nostalgia run where they pretty much have to stooge everyone out, and when they leave New Day is kind of dead.

That was not "the same" crowd from Takeover just because it was in the same building. I think people have been over estimating how well things that work in NXT can crossover onto Raw. We've seen this stuff on a smaller scale already with Emma, Adam Rose & The Ascension.

No, none of them were booked very well but they weren't immediately accepted by the Raw audience because the Raw audience is not the same as the one for NXT.

• Like 1

Wasn't HHH thinking about bringing the guy who last played the Mountain on Game of Thrones at one point?  If so, that's the possible third Shield member.

Story I saw was they brought him into Orlando for some workouts and he backed out because it was way harder than he expected.

Rollins trading goofy indy moves with people is pretty worn out. Him feuding with Shield buddies is the same. What match up on the roster would be more interesting than a guy who can't even take the stupid Superplex/Falcon Arrow combo? But who can sell, can get fed by a heel on a comeback, and has pretty good timing/pacing? Big E. Titus. Henry. Rusev. And maybe Sasha. That's it. 

Sting vs Rollins is the first main roster WWE PPV match I've been looking forward to in months. Sting will basically negate everything bad about Rollins and force him to wrestle the sort of matches he should be as heel champ.

• Like 5

That was not "the same" crowd from Takeover just because it was in the same building. I think people have been over estimating how well things that work in NXT can crossover onto Raw. We've seen this stuff on a smaller scale already with Emma, Adam Rose & The Ascension.

No, none of them were booked very well but they weren't immediately accepted by the Raw audience because the Raw audience is not the same as the NXT.

Honestly, I keep my expectations low for NXT callups for that reason, but the booking has done no one any favors in any of those cases, either, as you said.

Well, and The Ascension sucks, which is their biggest issue.

Rollins is a tremendous wrestler, pretty much carried the match last night (Yes, Cena was off the whole match) and cut a great heel promo tonight.  What's not to like?

Even if I felt this RAW crowd was totally different than the NXT crowd..  NXT had 15,000+.  Sasha/Bayley already proved that a big time women's match can get over outside of Florida and in a huge arena. 

It's the Bellas. It's always been the Bellas.  Nobody wants to see them.  Stop defending them.

• Like 6

Wasn't HHH thinking about bringing the guy who last played the Mountain on Game of Thrones at one point?  If so, that's the possible third Shield member.

Story I saw was they brought him into Orlando for some workouts and he backed out because it was way harder than he expected.

Too bad, it would have been a good fit wit Reigns/Ambrose handling most of the work.

Too bad, it would have been a good fit wit Reigns/Ambrose handling most of the work.

And if they let him call his finisher the "skull crushing finale. and if it's a double-thumbed iron claw.

So I guess we're going to get HHH/Rollins vs Cena/Sting in the near future.

Which poses an interesting question: Can even John Cena resist the urge to turn heel on Sting?

I'd mentioned this before while we were prognosticating about what Sting would be doing at this past Wrestlemania in that a Sting/Cena team is a true unstoppable force vs immovable object situation - Sting's partners always turn on him, but Cena can't be a heel.  Such a team will likely tear apart the space time continuum.  

• Like 1

A Raw crowd can't necessarily be expected to immediately know everything about the NXT women and pop for all their shit, but it doesn't exactly help them to a) script them with cringey lines that make them sound like complete dunces and b ) put them in awkward talky segments that drag them into the black hole of the Bellas' joyless mean girl Total Divas shit

• Like 1

So I guess we're going to get HHH/Rollins vs Cena/Sting in the near future.

Which poses an interesting question: Can even John Cena resist the urge to turn heel on Sting?

I'd mentioned this before while we were prognosticating about what Sting would be doing at this past Wrestlemania in that a Sting/Cena team is a true unstoppable force vs immovable object situation - Sting's partners always turn on him, but Cena can't be a heel.  Such a team will likely tear apart the space time continuum.  

Cena is a hero.  He will do what wrestling needs to be done to stop the end of the world. 

He would turn on Sting.

I hate the Bellas but this was hardly on them tonight. Or the writers.

The woman's debacle was solely on the fact that "human garbage" will always make up a certain percentage of a live wrestling crowd. I mean, credit to them for not starting some sort of chant involving woman's anatomy, I suppose. But the audience was filled with neckbeards who wear fingerless leather gloves as a fashion statement.

• Like 1

RIP Divas Revolution. Terrible crowd or not, I don't see how they survive this debacle. It's amazing how they made every wrong move possible starting from Steph's announcement right up until tonight. When freakin' MIZ of all people gets a face pop because nobody wants to see the women screeching at each other, you know you done fucked up.