DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Fall 2015

Pete

We'll see. I feel like this is similar to the Rafa appointment back in 2004. Something that will unite and transform the fans and squad alike. If I had my pick of any manager in the world for Liverpool, it'd be Klopp. I'd still like a director of football to bridge the gap between the committee and the manager. Tony Barrett made the relationship between the committee and Rodgers out to sound like a real shit show.

I don't know if we'll see an instant turnaround because the upcoming fixture list is the most difficult patch of the campaign on top of taking time for players to adjust to his tactics and style, but at least there will be solidarity and faith within Anfield again.

City haven't exactly been taking in the trophies for all the money they've invested. Two leagues, a league cup, and the FA Cup after how 7 years of ludicrous spending. Have they gotten out of the group stage in the Champions League?

Edit: just looked it up, they got out once and then were immediately swept out by Barcelona.

I don't know if we'll see an instant turnaround because the upcoming fixture list is the most difficult patch of the campaign on top of taking time for players to adjust to his tactics and style, but at least there will be solidarity and faith within Anfield again.

Yea, I'm not expecting instant success. It'll take time to implement his tactics & team ethos. Unless he hits the ground running and everyone's spirits are lifted etc etc. I wonder if Stevie G was still at the club whether he'd be on the bench or still be a big part of team?. In January I'd like to see Klopp make a loan move for Gerrard so he can go out in style. Because the Palace loss was no way for him to bow out. Maybe they should try and get him in as part of the coaching staff. Working with the younger players in the youth academy would be hugely beneficial. I also think there's players Jurgen wants to add to the mix so he can create Liverpool in his own vision. He has some talented players to work with already but he needs a new keeper, some solid defensive players, a creative midfielder and definitely an out & out goal scorer. I think Benteke & Sturridge as a strike force is a huge asset although I think if Suarez was still there he'd be a massive integral part of the squad. IMO, I actually think Klopp's appointment could herald a new golden age and the glory days could soon be back again (fingers crossed ;) ).  

EvCxqkI.png

Seeing it in reality is just awe inspiring. :D

This is my favourite COMPLETELY NON SAFE FOR WORK gif from the madness over at RAWK this week. AGAIN - NSFW!!!! It also reflects my joy and spontaneous excitement/not knowing what to do with myself.

humping_the_wall.gif

Cool for Klopp. Hope he´ll have decent success in Liverpool and prevent himself from going to Bayern next season that way. It´s kind of cool if coaches and players do NOT all go to former rivals and the like, disregarding club loyalty for "professionalism". I´m not on the "Klopp-Liverpool: Match made in heaven" hypetrain, but it could still work out for the best. Most definetly hoping so.

Full transcript from LFCTV on the Mirror website here & his thoughts on the FSG transfer committee 

There has been a lot of media talk about the transfer structure within this football club. What is your take on it and what conversations, if any, have you had with the owners about that?

It’s a really funny thing. It was absolutely no problem between FSG and myself, we talked about this. It’s nothing. If two smart, intelligent, clever guys sit together on a table and you both want the same, where can be the problem? We all want to be successful. The only thing for me is to have the first and last word. I don’t want to spend money the club doesn’t have, I don’t want to hold a player that doesn’t want to stay. I have to work all day with these guys. Nobody will sell a player I want to work with, even if it’s a good deal. Nobody wants to transfer a player without my ‘yes’. So everything is OK, I don’t need more.

ESPNFC article states that Giovinco and Pirlo are the only MLS players to be called up for Italy. Because we all know that MLS started 5 years ago (something something Roberto Donadoni at Euro 1996 something).

Sam Allardyce once dressed up as Cheryl Cole. There is no two ways to introduce the jaw-dropping latest from the manager.

In a revelation which would not be out of character for Allardyce's Twitter parody account, the 60-year-old donned a tight dress in the name of charity and named the Newcastle native, now named Cheryl Fernandez-Versini, in his repertoire.

Are you having trouble picturing the newly appointed Sunderland boss as the 32-year-old X Factor judge? Luckily for you, or rather unluckily, we have helped with the below crude Photoshop. Let's hope he didn't opt for roses tattoos as well.

2070542_heroa.jpg

"For the past 25 years my mate Ronnie Wood has held a Cancer Research ball at Christmas to raise funds, and most years I do a turn," he wrote in 'Big Sam, The Autobiography,' which is being serialised by The Sun.

I’ve done Freddie Mercury, Mick Jagger and Michael Jackson — my finest effort as I squeezed into some very tight black pants and nailed the Moonwalk.

We did the Peter Kay version of Amarillo with Sammy Lee knowing just what role he would be. 'I bet I have to be Ronnie Corbett,' he said with a sigh of resignation. He did and was brilliant. He got the moment he falls to a tee.

"We did Riverdance and I’ve even dressed up as Cheryl Cole and a character from Hairspray. Strangely my mates thought I was a little too keen to dress as a woman."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/13712/extra-time/2015/10/13/16272112/can-you-picture-allardyce-as-cheryl-fernandez-versini-imagine-no-