DVDVR Message Board

HULK HOGAN DUMPSTER FIRE THREAD

On a serious note, Hogan's "brother" privileges have officially been taken away.

I am glad most people seem to be taking this seriously and not writing it off with first amendent right BS.  You can largely say whatever the hell you want "freely", but it doesn't mean there aren't consequences for what comes out of your mouth.

Edited by _MJ_

In a hilarious coincidence a racist asshole who was a manager at the store I work at got the Hogan treatment yesterday for pulling the very same shit.

EDIT: Well, I mean, he didn't have a sex tape. But he's trying to get another manager fired for showing a picture of a guy's ass who she fucked on her cell phone to him so HEY! There's another parallel!

On a serious note, Hogan's "brother" privileges have officially been taken away.

I am glad most people seem to be taking this seriously and not writing it off with first amendent right BS. You can largely say whatever the hell you want "freely", but it doesn't mean there aren't consequences for what comes out of your mouth.

There have been like 3 "serious" posts in this whole thread....

I am glad most people seem to be taking this seriously and not writing it off with first amendent right BS. You can largely say whatever the hell you want "freely", but it doesn't mean there aren't consequences for what comes out of your mouth.

...whoosh...

• Like 1

Well, I guess get ready to be fed more shit about how awesome The Attitude Era was.  They might as well tell everyone WWE started with Austin's 3:16 promo.

Hopefully that doesn't backfire.  I'd be sad if it came out Rock was juiced to the gills or Austin beats his wife or something.

Oh........

• Like 1

My wife is a middle school librarian. A lot of the kids are wrestling fans. She had this one kid a couple of years ago that was a huge Undertaker mark and always watching old 'rasslin stuff on Youtube. One day he's talking about something old he saw to her and he says, "Hey, you know that one guy? That dude that says 'brother' all the time?"

So yeah, I think it's possible to minimize him for a younger audience.

• Like 1

Turn this into an angle on Tough Enough. Patrick can claim Hogan sabotaged him after he accidentally stumbled across Hogan's Klan hood and secret plans to institute an evil white supremacist martial law doctrine in North America. 

My wife is a middle school librarian. A lot of the kids are wrestling fans. She had this one kid a couple of years ago that was a huge Undertaker mark and always watching old 'rasslin stuff on Youtube. One day he's talking about something old he saw to her and he says, "Hey, you know that one guy? That dude that says 'brother' all the time?"

So yeah, I think it's possible to minimize him for a younger audience.

People seem to be forgetting just how long ago Hulkamania was. He won the championship for the first time in January of 1984, 31 years and 6 months ago. Hulkamania is as distant to today's fans as Bruno's heyday was to those of us started watching as kids in the early 90s. 

...whoosh...
Obviously your point is correct. The first amendment only protects you from government action as a result of speech, not your job or public opinion. I'm just saying "taking it seriously" is a funny choice of words less then 5 posts away from the Yapapi Strap promo.

Somewhere, Jeff Jarrett is thanking God he never fucked Bubba's wife and engaged in scandalous pillow talk soon after.

Going by what's been rumored about him, he makes Hulk look like a paragon of tolerance and racial harmony. 

Well, I guess get ready to be fed more shit about how awesome The Attitude Era was.  They might as well tell everyone WWE started with Austin's 3:16 promo.

Which considering Austin's history of beating his wife makes the situation even more sad. I feel like if Austin was forgiven for that, eventually when enough time passes Hogan will be back. People have very short memories.

Well, violence against woman was okay in the Attitude era.

Here's one to make us all feel old:  A 12 year old kid, right in the middle of the target audience, buying Cena merch now and hopefully Reigns merch tomorrow?  Born after Austin's last match. 

That seriously just blew my fucking mind.  I think I need to lie down for a while...

I'm out of likes anyway,  I now know the pain.  This truly might be the best thread in this board's history, and that covers a lot of ground.

• Like 2

This whole Hogan issue is pissing me off. I've never seen so many people attempt to justify or defend racism before.

Do you not keep up with Current Events, the News, or shit like that?

• Like 5

And Hogan just thanked Virgil on Twitter for supporting him

I went to go check this out for myself and found out that Hulk Hogan blocked me on Twitter! I wasn't following him, and I don't even think I ever tweeted @ him. Clearly, he was not a Co-oping Toward Hatred fan.

That or he saw you posting something else annoying on twitter.

Way to narrow it down.

• Like 2

I just got back my likes,you fuckers are gonna make me burn through them again.

Just read that WWE studios has a film with Hogan,Hasslehoff and Ken Jeong called "Celebrity Death Pool" due for release.

I dont even know where to begin.

And Hogan just thanked Virgil on Twitter for supporting him

I went to go check this out for myself and found out that Hulk Hogan blocked me on Twitter! I wasn't following him, and I don't even think I ever tweeted @ him. Clearly, he was not a Co-oping Toward Hatred fan.

That or he saw you posting something else annoying on twitter.

Way to narrow it down.

Hugs n kisses, old pal.

• Like 1

This whole Hogan issue is pissing me off. I've never seen so many people attempt to justify or defend racism before.

Do you not keep up with Current Events, the News, or shit like that?

NOPE. I don't watch news. I haven't watched news in like seven years. Because news shows lie.