DVDVR Message Board

HULK HOGAN DUMPSTER FIRE THREAD

You think Brooke wrote a single bit of any of her songs? That's not really how it works with manufacturing stars like that. The same guy who wrote some Taylor Swift songs also started in a hardcore punk group, so they come from the oddest sources.

I dunno - "shoes" and "boots" is a pretty good slant rhyme plus it has a common theme ("stuff you wear on your feet").

Keats-level stuff. Call it "Ode on an Aging Carny."

• Like 3

To his credit, he didn't play the context card, didn't deny it and wasn't anything less than accountable.

Yes, it was an awful thing and he deserves no cookies for being accountable. However, it was a textbook example of what to do in this situation and he was advised very well.

The next part is going to be hard for him: He has to disappear for a while.

Personally, I think he should have added in a comment about not being himself because he was using painkillers at the time to deal with his bad back.

Hogan will be back.  This is bad, but it's not career-ending.  He didn't try to deny it or keep it hidden (A la Bill Cosby).  

CKtneHkVEAAkyQ1.png

You want to know why Brooke's career as a songwriter never worked out?

Exhibit A.

She has all the artistic skills of a moody pretentious 14 year old girl who attended one creative writing class and now thinks she's Sylvia Plath.

Everyone is sleeping on the "He may have slammed the giant" line.  So good.  So motherfuckin' good.

Poor Brooke. Her pa doesn't have a "tender heart." He has an enlarged one, what if with all the steroids and all.

I think all the steroids and coke are like beating the heart with a meat tenderizer.

That he is still alive in a minor miracle. Look at all the other guys from the era with his level of roid use, not many left standing sadly. . . 

"Hey Dad, I'm writing this poem about you and I can't quite get the last line, can you give me some help? So far I got....

If you knew my father, you'd know he loves you all brother,

He even loves his best friends wife and I'm sure plenty of others,

So please don't throw away, your old Hulkster action figures...

Any ideas Dad?"

Brooke Hogan, yesterday.

• Like 4

"Hey Dad, I'm writing this poem about you and I can't quite get the last line, can you give me some help? So far I got....

If you knew my father, you'd know he loves you all brother,

He even loves his best friends wife and I'm sure plenty of others,

So please don't throw away, your old Hulkster action figures...

Any ideas Dad?"

Brooke Hogan, yesterday.

My dad is same shade of orange as Tigger.

• Like 9

Poor Brooke. Her pa doesn't have a "tender heart." He has an enlarged one, what if with all the steroids and all.

I think all the steroids and coke are like beating the heart with a meat tenderizer.

That he is still alive in a minor miracle. Look at all the other guys from the era with his level of roid use, not many left standing sadly. . .

Hogan spent the last 25 years of his career taking as few bumps as possible.

Nice chance for Vince & WWE to publicly distance themselves from a racist and pretend they're not racist as fuck. Another nice chance for mass media to pick apart one tape where one person said some shit that clearly sucks, instead of constantly tackling systemic institutional and cultural racism that dominates the West.

• Like 6

Nipped on the library computer to see what's going down. Not much then! Don't have time to read all the thread but will when on my own PC. Till then a few things:

Hulk Hogan's a jackass.

Hulking Up isn't going to get Hogan out of this mess.

Booker T or KING BOOKAH finally caught up to Hulk.

Further proof Bobby Heenan was right all along.

Has Metallica removed Hogan from their website's alumni page yet? It'll be really surreal if they wipe out any evidence of him ever playing with them.

STEROIDS

INHIBITING ME

BLOOD IN MY PEE

ANABOLIC HORROR

• Like 23

Sterling apologized, but no one remembers that because he turned around and blasted Magic in the same interview and claimed entrapment.

Also, he waited about two weeks before talking. In other words, he did everything you SHOULDN'T do.

Another tie between the two of them: Hogan got the Benoit treatment from WWE, while Sterling employed Benoit Benjamin at center for many years...

He should change his name back to "Sterling Golden" and go with a Col. DeBeers gimmick. Make lemonade out of lemons, brother!

• Like 1

So, did you guys who thought Hogan was still a basically good dude until this just miss the part in the Nick Hogan trial where he argued that God used his son as a messenger to paralyze the other kid because he was a drug user, or...?

So, did you guys who thought Hogan was still a basically good dude until this just miss the part in the Nick Hogan trial where he argued that God used his son as a messenger to paralyze the other kid because he was a drug user, or...?

Spot on. Surprised this wasn't mentioned until now.

• Like 1

Who ever outside of older wrestlers that don't want their own shit getting aired out ever thought Hogan was a good dude?  It's been pretty common knowledge that Hogan is a me-first carny of the highest order.

Pretty much everything the Hogans said in those leaked jailhouse conversations made them look bad.  I remember Nick calling the other kid a negative influence and asking Hulk to get that message out before Nick got released.  I took that to mean they wanted to ruin the other kid's reputation to make Nick look better.  At the time, they were trying to get Nick a reality show deal.

Yeah.....

The other family eventually ripped the Hogans a new one in the press, saying the entire family showed a complete lack of remorse.