DVDVR Message Board

TNA/GWF MEGA THREAD OF DOOM~!

Two shows? You spend all that money flying over the Pond and then do all of two shows (neither of which is anywhere near an Airport)? Did Jarrett win the Tennessee State Lottery and decide to run a Wrestling Promotion as a tax write-off?

Double J is living large off the Ain't I Great album.

And all of those 250 dollar guitars he sold at the Shop TNA site, now down to 60. 

http://shoptna.com/jeff-jarrett-autographed-laser-engraved-guitar.aspx

I'm wondering if it comes with the baby powder pre-installed. 

Global Force have a couple of UK partnerships set up (pretty sure Rev Pro was one of them), so I bet the ring and all the kit is going to be used from within the UK. The announced talent are all British/dating British bar the Jarretts, so really it's just like a working holiday for them. I suspect any imports will already have other UK dates lined up (I know Masters spends a good chunk of his working time over here). All Jarrett needs to do is pack a few banners, and he's laughing.

Global Force have a couple of UK partnerships set up (pretty sure Rev Pro was one of them), so I bet the ring and all the kit is going to be used from within the UK. The announced talent are all British/dating British bar the Jarretts, so really it's just like a working holiday for them. I suspect any imports will already have other UK dates lined up (I know Masters spends a good chunk of his working time over here). All Jarrett needs to do is pack a few banners, and he's laughing.

And today I learned that Mickie James is dating and was knocked up by Magnus. 

That's interesting.

LU enforcing a 90-day non-compete on Hernandez is laughable.  TNA pulling Tyrus off those GFW shows was laughable.  It's 2015 not 1998.  Nobody in the US but WWE are paying enough to get away with limiting where guys can work.

LU and TNA at this point are nothing more than TV shows and in LU's case their entire season is already in the can and

Hernandez don't do shit.

Both are on networks nobody watches.  Both have dodgy outlooks ahead of them.  And their shows don't even air head to head.  Maybe Ultima Lucha will overlap with Impact for an hour but if a monster in the basement, a dragon man, and a ghost lady don't surprise anybody then I doubt a Mexican that doesn't speak Spanish appearing on two different channels at the same time will.

Why does TNA fear using Hernandez on video? Wouldn't the violation of the contract fall squarely on Hernandez?

"Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling  has announced a late October tour of the U.K.

The date annnounced are 10/28 at the Grimsby Auditorium in Grimbsy, Lincolnshire; and 10/30 at the Lynnsport and Leisure Park in King's Lynn, Norfolk.

Names announced for the tour are Jeff & Karen Jarrett, Doug Williams, Nick Aldis, Mickie James and Marty Scrull."

Do they even have minor league baseball in the UK???

They'll go inside and use leisure centres. sorta like chikara do in easton.

MAJOR CHANGE WITHIN TNA REGARDING TALENT CONTRACTS

By Mike Johnson on 2015-07-21 10:17:35

A sizable portion of the TNA roster have been informed over the last week that their current TNA contracts, which include a monthly guarantee, will be dropped by TNA. In their place, TNA is offering per-appearance deals.

The way the former contracts worked is that TNA paid talents a monthly fee and then paid them additional per appearance. So if a talent was booked ten times a month, they were paid that as well as their guarantee. If they didn't work at all, they still had the guarantee.

In some cases that we have heard of, TNA will now pay talents a little more per appearance than they were already receiving with the idea that it will make up for the loss of the guarantee and should the company start booking more dates, the talent could be in line to get even more money.

As you can imagine, we've heard from a number of talents who aren't thrilled about this. No one wants to see money they knew they had coming in suddenly disappear and become something they have to hustle to now make up for. It's entirely possible some of them could turn down the new deals and end up finishing up their TNA tenures abruptly.

Obviously, this is part of the new, changing financial reality of TNA as it changes it's model to fit what it's become: a company that produces a TV show, as opposed to what it was trying to be - a full fledged, touring pro wrestling company.

While I suspect certain top talents will be held to guarantees (Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy and if TNA is smart, EC3), the vast majority of the company will now be working on per appearance deals.

LOLTNA part MCMXVII

I love this part:

In some cases that we have heard of, TNA will now pay talents a little more per appearance than they were already receiving with the idea that it will make up for the loss of the guarantee and should the company start booking more dates, the talent could be in line to get even more money.

That's then kind of bullshit your boss and/or HR spins.  "Yes, it's a pay cut but there's a chance it could work out in your favor!"  Nobody ever believes that shit.

Of course, this pay cut might lower talent's takehome pay enough that they could qualify for government assistance, so they have that little silver lining there.

Ring of Honor has reportedly sent a cease & desist letter to Global Force Wrestling over GFW infringing upon ROH’s brand in radio and TV ads that promote Friday’s GFW TV tapings in Las Vegas.

The ad referenced the appearance of ROH stars at the GFW tapings. We’ll keep you updated on any new information that becomes available.

Man.  That sucks. If you change a contract like that, can you get out of it?  I would do anything I could to get out of there.   

It's simple. Don't sign the new contract and you're a free agent.

Man.  That sucks. If you change a contract like that, can you get out of it?  I would do anything I could to get out of there.   

It's simple. Don't sign the new contract and you're a free agent.

Wow.  Good thing they taped like 8 weeks worth of TV because I can't see anyone signing that contract.  Maybe they can strecth what they have until they go off the air.  

It would be interesting to know what's in these new contracts.  It is an exclusive deal?  If so, is it contingent on TNA actually having a TV show or running x number of live events?  Do the wrestlers have to be on call for TNA or do they have the option of turning down appearances?