DVDVR Message Board

TNA/GWF MEGA THREAD OF DOOM~!

Hernandez probably asked Dario for his release

That, or Dixie contacted Dario to work this out. She didn't understand when he told her he wasn't really in charge."

"You mean Lucha Underground's owners don't put themselves on TV as the owner?!? What kind of two bit promotion thinks they're too good to rip off tired, overused tropes that the WWE still uses?!?!"

• Like 1

Sorry guys, I'm still stuck on Dario conducting Hernandez' exit interview

If that were the case, we'd never see Hernandez again, since a Dario exit interview would involve Matanza, and that worked out well for B-Boy.

Hernandez probably asked Dario for his release

That, or Dixie contacted Dario to work this out. She didn't understand when he told her he wasn't really in charge."

"You mean Lucha Underground's owners don't put themselves on TV as the owner?!? What kind of two bit promotion thinks they're too good to rip off tired, overused tropes that the WWE still uses?!?!"

You mean "hires an actor to act out the tired, overused" etc.

I can't wait for MVP to say that marks are reading too much into his Tweets and unless you wrestled you know nothing about the business

• Like 1

I've long wondered why MVP doesn't go back to the WWE.  There's still some interest, according to Meltzer. 

Probably best he leave.  Dude's been stressed out with TNA for awhile.  When Hammerva posted that they'd finally broken him, I feared something more along the lines of him shooting up a post office.

• Like 1

I wonder if Dixie Carter actually thinks that Dario Cueto is an actual wrestling promoter/booker and not just a good actor doing a great job of it.    The idea of Dixie of trying to negotiate with Dario would be hilarious to watch

• Like 1

I've long wondered why MVP doesn't go back to the WWE.  There's still some interest, according to Meltzer. 

Probably best he leave.  Dude's been stressed out with TNA for awhile.  When Hammerva posted that they'd finally broken him, I feared something more along the lines of him shooting up a post office.

Kinda sucks for Kenny King though.  Given how he left ROH, I wonder if they'd be in any hurry to hire him back.

Kinda sucks for Kenny King though.  Given how he left ROH, I wonder if they'd be in any hurry to hire him back.

ROH was just willing to bring back Austin Aries after trying to commit a mutiny on the company (and being the man directly behind King's jump in the first place.) They'd likely be more willing to bring King back than people think.

Watching a Great Sasuke highlight reel, I realized I want to see 2015 gassed-to-the-gills Great Sasuke vs. Jeff Hardy in some sort of hardcore match. 

It'd probably be a terrible match, but an entertaining car wreck.

ROH was just willing to bring back Austin Aries after trying to commit a mutiny on the company (and being the man directly behind King's jump in the first place.) They'd likely be more willing to bring King back than people think.

Romantic Touch needs a tag partner?

You sign a contract, you honour the contract. If it's a shitty contract, well, don't sign shitty contracts.

Not really how it works. You can't just put anything in a contract and expect it to be enforceable. 

Its why WWE could not stop Brock from working in UFC.

You sign a contract, you honour the contract. If it's a shitty contract, well, don't sign shitty contracts.

Not really how it works. You can't just put anything in a contract and expect it to be enforceable. 

Its why WWE could not stop Brock from working in UFC.

Yes, but it cost Brock literally millions to get out of it.  Most don't have millions.

LU enforcing a 90-day non-compete on Hernandez is laughable.  TNA pulling Tyrus off those GFW shows was laughable.  It's 2015 not 1998.  Nobody in the US but WWE are paying enough to get away with limiting where guys can work.

LU and TNA at this point are nothing more than TV shows and in LU's case their entire season is already in the can and

Hernandez don't do shit.

Both are on networks nobody watches.  Both have dodgy outlooks ahead of them.  And their shows don't even air head to head.  Maybe Ultima Lucha will overlap with Impact for an hour but if a monster in the basement, a dragon man, and a ghost lady don't surprise anybody then I doubt a Mexican that doesn't speak Spanish appearing on two different channels at the same time will.

Cyrus Fees probably GFW's lead announcer.  Another MMA guy.  I don't know anything about him.  I hope he knows who The Boss of The Cartel is.

• Like 1

"Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling  has announced a late October tour of the U.K.

The date annnounced are 10/28 at the Grimsby Auditorium in Grimbsy, Lincolnshire; and 10/30 at the Lynnsport and Leisure Park in King's Lynn, Norfolk.

Names announced for the tour are Jeff & Karen Jarrett, Doug Williams, Nick Aldis, Mickie James and Marty Scrull."

Do they even have minor league baseball in the UK???

• Like 2

Two shows? You spend all that money flying over the Pond and then do all of two shows (neither of which is anywhere near an Airport)? Did Jarrett win the Tennessee State Lottery and decide to run a Wrestling Promotion as a tax write-off?

Two shows? You spend all that money flying over the Pond and then do all of two shows (neither of which is anywhere near an Airport)? Did Jarrett win the Tennessee State Lottery and decide to run a Wrestling Promotion as a tax write-off?

Double J is living large off the Ain't I Great album.

• Like 2