DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA OFFSEASON

Cole Miner

I love Frank the Tank but Winslow will almost assuredly will be the better NBA player. I think people are too quick to write off Kaminksy's effectiveness at the pro level but c'mon.

Golden State's pick of Kevon Looney could be really great for them. He's an awesome lengthy defender and rebounder (particularly on the offensive end) who could develop a good offensive game but he provides a lot of things they lack off the bench. He also hits open 3s which may help him in Golden State... just a little.

I love Frank the Tank but Winslow will almost assuredly will be the better NBA player. I think people are too quick to write off Kaminksy's effectiveness at the pro level but c'mon.

Golden State's pick of Kevon Looney could be really great for them. He's an awesome lengthy defender and rebounder (particularly on the offensive end) who could develop a good offensive game but he provides a lot of things they lack off the bench. He also hits open 3s which may help him in Golden State... just a little.

According to the insider, Charlotte pinned a lot of their dropoff on the loss of Josh McRoberts. They feel like Frank the Tank can step in and do a lot of the same things and has a higher upside. They don't need a guy like Winslow.

That's what I've tried to explain to my friends here that wanted Hornets to take Winslow.  I have to ask them, when the hell would the kid get to play?  MKG and now Batum play the same position.  He'd be fighting for scraps.

Isn't it always best to draft BPA and then sort out who goes where afterwards? I'm not super high on MKG though and while I think the Winslow hype is a little overdone, he's probably the most solid bet for an NBA impact player (*Lance Storm pose*) outside of the top 3. 

Kaminsky makes a lot of sense if they're trying to replace McBob. My main concern for the Tank in the NBA is most bigs in the NBA aren't going to bite on the shot fake at the 3-point line and while Kaminsky's first few steps are pretty good for a man of his size, it's not going to lead to the same blow-by it did in the NCAA.

This Jahlil jersey story is great. The video shows him placing the bottom of the jersey on the table. Looks like is going to fold it based on the way he puts down the bottom of it. Instead he just drops it. The one going around twitter cut out him placing it down first. Makes it look like he just recklessly dropped it on the floor. He does look frustrated that is for sure. Could be because of that horrible 10 minute press conference he just sat through. Amazing how much cutting 1 second off of a clip can change things. The video on the page Jrag posted shows all of that pretty clearly IMO.

So if the Sixers took Porzingis, what are the odds that they "stash" him and he never sees the light of day in the NBA?

I don't want to say 0% but close to it. He made it well known that he wanted to play over here immediately. His buyout is relatively cheap. Most of the cost will be covered by the team. Saric's buyout is close to double the price. Saric would almost be playing for free this year. Since most of his salary from the Sixers would go to paying off his share of the buyout. They would want Porzingis here to be hands on in his development. Apparently Porzingis' current team Sevilla is in need of money so they too would motivated in getting him over here.

I don't even know where Rondo could go and start at this point. It looked like he was headed to the Lakers before they picked Russell.

I've read stuff about him going to Sacramento, but then you hear the Ty Lawson stuff. Plus Rondo and DeMarcus Cousins in the same locker room doesn't seem very productive.

Houston should take a cheap flyer on him if they keep Josh Smith. Maybe that friendship thing that helped Smooth will help Rondo.

Otherwise, just pour one out for Playoff Rondo, may he rest in peace.

Here we go again...

LeBron James has notified the Cavs he will opt out of his contract and become a free agent, sources told ESPN

James is planning to re-sign with the Cavs but will wait and see how the team's free agency plays out over the first weeks of July.

There is no way in hell that Lebron isn't playing for Cavs next season.     After all that he did to leave Cleveland and all he did to come back; to leave after one year would make him the biggest douche in sports.  

Oh and I am sure there is much more to do this but given how awful the Sixers are this is hilarious

q7yh3uttze4md2pwfccb.gif

It's like ya'll forgot that just last year they took a clip of Embiid looking upset and blew it up into "EMBIID PISSED OFF THE SIXERS DRAFTED HIM"...

Glad it happened. Any apprehension I might have had over another center is gone. 100% all in and looking forward to Summer League.

Right now on @SiriusXMNBA, Brett Brown says he got to the gym at 6:30 this morning & Okafor was already there working out. #Sixers

— Jared Greenberg (@NBATVJared) June 29, 2015

• Like 1

Kirk Hinrich picked up his 2.8 million option and will give it another go. Jrag wasn't lying last year about how badly he was playing. One of the 10 worst PER's in league history for a guy playing over 20 minutes. Not even the worst last season though. Exum showed defensive potential though.

AhL22qj.png

• Like 1

It's like ya'll forgot that just last year they took a clip of Embiid looking upset and blew it up into "EMBIID PISSED OFF THE SIXERS DRAFTED HIM"...

Glad it happened. Any apprehension I might have had over another center is gone. 100% all in and looking forward to Summer League.

Right now on @SiriusXMNBA, Brett Brown says he got to the gym at 6:30 this morning & Okafor was already there working out. #Sixers

— Jared Greenberg (@NBATVJared) June 29, 2015

I love the pick, despite all the typical Philly-haters (not to mention the doom prophets in our own fanbase) suddenly deciding that Okafor is a one-dimensional bum the moment we got him. The only real problem is that it makes the MCW trade look even dumber than it did before.

Kirk Hinrich picked up his 2.8 million option and will give it another go. Jrag wasn't lying last year about how badly he was playing. One of the 10 worst PER's in league history for a guy playing over 20 minutes. Not even the worst last season though. Exum showed defensive potential though.

AhL22qj.png

Exum is also an 18(?) year old rookie having played no college BB. . . .