DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA OFFSEASON

Cole Miner

Oh, hey, it's 5 years, so only sixteen million per.

He's not necessarily going to be worth it, but I think it's a reasonable move.

With the cap rising, it changes what a good/bad contract is. I agree with you that as a non-free agent destination, sometimes you have to overpay a little. . . . 

Nobody is beating Cleveland out East.  If they wanted to they could probably win between 65-70 games.

Yeah I think I read they were 33-3 at during a stretch after those trades were made last year. I saw an article on ESPN showing the Cavs defensive ratings with their bigs in. Top combo was Love and Mozgov. Second was Love and Thompson and last was Thompson and Mozgov. This lead lead to me to going through situational stats of Kevin Love. Like his success defending the pick and roll. His success defending in the post or success as the defender on an isolation. The results were some of the funniest things I've seen in a while. I will have to write them all out later. Has to be seen to believe.

Cole Miner, just to clarify, they were 33-3 after the trade in games where Irving, James and Love played together. I guess 37-3 including the playoffs. They did drop games as all three of them sat for rest at various times.

With Williams being signed, allegedly the Lakers are gonna shop Swaggy P around.

And Iggy comes with him so if you love terrible shot selection and terrible hip-hop there ya go.

I dunno who would deal for Swaggy, but if they find a taker, this makes it a far better off-season than I thought they would have. He was injured a lot last season, but he also had a ton of games were he couldn't score and not surprising he didn't get along with an old-school coach.

Ginobili back for one more year with the Spurs. 

Right now, this is the roster we have committed or signed...

Tim Duncan
LaMarcus Aldridge

Kawhi Leonard

Danny Green

Tony Parker

Bench...

Manu Ginobili

Boris Diaw

Kyle Anderson
Patty Mills

We need another big to give Duncan a break but Diaw, Mills (healthy) and Ginobili is a nice group to have on your bench. If Pop can convince David West to join this group, this will be a sick bench to help the starters out. 

EDIT: I imagine we will bring Bonner back also because Pop loves that guy. 

The fuck David West...  Leave 12 on the table to take 1.4?

I've never been a Spurs hater, but they just hold too many cards to actually root for them now.  Same with GS.  I hope KD gets healthy and wipes the floor with both of 'em. 

• Like 1

West taking that much less is crazy and we can't even say the "no-tax" line because he gave up over $10 million. That's a stacked team. West's agent has to be disappointed at the money he lost from whatever amount he gets from $12 million as his commission.

I get it but really, almost anyone who plays for the Spurs leaves money on the table. Manu , Duncan and Parker have all sacrificed salary to stay together. Danny Green sacrificed salary. West was true to his word. 

The fuck David West...  Leave 12 on the table to take 1.4?

How fucked up do things have to be in Indiana for this to happen?  Why hasn't there been a Woj hit piece about that locker room yet?  

Ginobili back for one more year with the Spurs. 

Right now, this is the roster we have committed or signed...

Tim Duncan

LaMarcus Aldridge

Kawhi Leonard

Danny Green

Tony Parker

Bench...

Manu Ginobili

Boris Diaw

Kyle Anderson

Patty Mills

DAVID WEST

We need another big to give Duncan a break but Diaw, Mills (healthy) and Ginobili is a nice group to have on your bench. Pop convinced David West to join this group... this will be a sick bench to help the starters out. 

EDIT: I imagine we will bring Bonner back also because Pop loves that guy. 

FIXED FOR UPDATE

I'm not sure about all this OKC talk.  You can say Westbrook is at his peak and obviously if KD comes back healthy they are going to be very good but they've never won with those two. I wouldn't count on it. They aren't as deep as these other teams either.

I think GSW would have beat them in five or six if they had been healthy this year.

But the possibility that now they'll run an actual offense with a new head coach makes them way more intriguing and scary in my mind.

That Spurs team might be good enough to restrict the Old 3's minutes and still chase the number one seed.

The Blazers gotta be the team that really got hit hard this summer. They lost 4/5ths of their starting lineup. I like Ed Davis and I'm sure Aminu is good, but that's a pretty big drop-off from having LMA, Matthews, Lopez, Batum.

Clippers rumors...

Ramona Shelburne @ramonashelburne 4m4 minutes ago

Hearing that another target for the luxury-tax strapped Clippers is Josh Smith.

I'm not sure about all this OKC talk.  You can say Westbrook is at his peak and obviously if KD comes back healthy they are going to be very good but they've never won with those two. I wouldn't count on it. They aren't as deep as these other teams either.

What! Those dudes are 26! There is still a very real chance neither are in their prime.

In the West...

San Antonio, Golden State, Houston, Memphis, OKC (If Healthy) seem like locks for the playoffs. 

The Clippers still have CP3 and Blake but will that move them from a Top 3 team to a 7th or 8th seed? Who knows? 
Dallas got DJ and Matthews but they lost their leading scorer and Matthews is a HUGE question mark. 

New Orleans feels static. Is that enough? 
Phoenix doesn't feel better even with Chandler. 

If Kobe comes back healthy, the Lakers could make a seed but is Kobe even a real factor anymore? 

Portland is now a non-factor. They lost 4 of 5 starters and none of the replacements are considerably better than what they lost. 

So, right now, it feels like the Top 5 are locked in. After that, nothing would surprise me.