DVDVR Message Board

Raw - 26 January 2015

Dolfan in NYC

I don't understand something. Why doesn't WWE just keep tapings to Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, California, Puerto Rico, and Florida during the colder months? And tour the rest of the U.S. outside the shitty cold seasons. Also for a company with so much money and resources is it REALLY impossible for them to throw up a new episode of NXT for tonight?

The storm is probably a good thing. They'll spin doctor the shit out of this, have a scripted interview with Reigns, get the machine working around him. Vince probably pushed one of those buttons from Buffalo Wild Wings to give everyone a time out and get the hell out of the Northeast.

Didn't WWF tamper with the crowd on the playbacks of Hogan costing Sid the Rumble when he got booed for it.

Yes. They did the same for Goldberg vs Brock on the DVD release. I know damn well that crowd didn't sound like that when I watched it live.

I don't understand something. Why doesn't WWE just keep tapings to Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, California, Puerto Rico, and Florida during the colder months? And tour the rest of the U.S. outside the shitty cold seasons. Also for a company with so much money and resources is it REALLY impossible for them to throw up a new episode of NXT for tonight?

That's a bit of an over the top reaction. How many episodes of WWE TV have been cancelled because of bad weather during the winter?

That's a bit of an over the top reaction. How many episodes of WWE TV have been cancelled because of bad weather during the winter?

How is it OTT? Its called planning. If I KNOW Dec-Feb usually looks shitty in certain parts of the U.S., why book a show there on the possibility that something like this will happen?

Don't ever have shows scheduled in the south, midwest, east coast or central US in the spring and summer because tornadoes are a motherfucker. 

Don't ever schedule any shows in Idaho ever...

...because fuck Idaho.

• Like 1

Honestly, Raw and Smackdown getting canceled this week could be the best thing to happen to WWE. I could see the Roman Reigns heat die down with a week to cool off.

That was my thought exactly. A few days for folks to simmer down can only help.

Honestly, Raw and Smackdown getting canceled this week could be the best thing to happen to WWE. I could see the Roman Reigns heat die down with a week to cool off.

That was my thought exactly. A few days for folks to simmer down can only help.

Not sure if that's true. Sometimes stewing in anger and annoyance just leads to a worse package.

Just to brag about the weather, it's a 71 degrees here in Scottsdale right now and I got a jacket on. Got up to 81 over the weekend.

Yeah, but unfortunately, you live in Scottsdale, so...yeah. Honestly, I'm more jealous that you have access to Pita Jungle and Wildflower Bread Company than the weather.

On the topic of angry fans: I think the hardcores that show up on the Road to WM are pretty much dug in. They seem to have taken last night as a sign that Vince is actively against them, so they'll be vocal. 

Oddly, the only interest I have in WM is to see if the fans just shit on almost everything out of spite. That would be entertaining in a perverse sort of way. 

Just to brag about the weather, it's a 71 degrees here in Scottsdale right now and I got a jacket on. Got up to 81 over the weekend.

Yes, but on the downside, you live in Arizona, which is like worse than living in Florida...or Indiana.

• Like 1

Apparently they're replaying the Royal Rumble tonight. LOLOLOLOL

If they do, I really hope they add some overly fake canned applause for the end.

If they used the canned laughter from "You Cheeky Bastard" I'm all for it.

Yes, but on the downside, you live in Arizona, which is like worse than living in Florida...or Indiana.

:(