DVDVR Message Board

Raw 1-19-15

MGFanJay

LOVED LOVED LOVED Brock coming out as a guy who was happy to be out ready to kick some ass, baby! Then HHH came down and talked. Then Steph talked. Then Cena talked. Then Seth fucked up "tuck your tail between your legs", and then HHH talked some more and we got Cena in a random match later where winning would allow him to keep his title match and get his buddies' their jobs back, but losing takes all of that away. Bryan-Bray had some terrifying Bryan bumps, but he took a safe bump for the suicide dive before jobbing thanks to the concession-selling corporate demon Kane. I enjoyed the Kliq backstage bit, even if it was a bit bizarre to have HHH the top heel play wacky babyface.

The legends panel was largely a bunch of nothing, but I loved them having Flair Rumble shots with HBK and Hogan as he shared the ring with them here. Also loves Show being a smug asshole, then Flair manning up, fighting this giant, and getting KOed. Flair could probably still have a good match now. Dean vs. Barrett was pretty fun - I loved Dean countering Wasteland into the Dirty Deeds for the win. Ascension's burial was something else. These guys are so doomed. Dug the divas tag thanks to Paige. Sting's Raw debut was something else. Loved it! Brock kicking tons of heel ass was great as well. This was an up and down show, but by the end, I was hyped for the Rumble.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/01/raw-1-19-15.html

Screens -

d7f3d1382990849.jpg

9d0761382990888.jpg

ddbb76382991266.jpg

a98f10382993430.jpg

27e51b382993467.jpg

64eced382993486.jpg

88c9f4382995900.jpg

269cd8383001037.jpg

83f347383001111.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/o4eml20l5frmn6ujskh8dhhi5co3cf70

Millenials!!!  Apparently to Vince means "People in the thousands of years old."

To anyone born after 1990, which supposedly is the demographic Vince says he wants to compete for, this show was like getting stuck at a memorial for one of your grampa's old Korean war buddies because your parents couldn't get a babysitter and there's a t.v. in his bedroom but it has rabbit ears and only picks up some weird 24-hour "Interviews with people that used to know Roy Acuff" network and they won't stop talking about Wabash Cannonball and YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT IS!!!!!  IS IT A WEAPON???  A CARWASH???  A DRINK?????  WHEN CAN I GO HOME????????

• Like 7

Brock is not human. Holy shit.  I loved the way they handled Brock at the beginning looking for a fight and then at the end like OKAY you motherfuckers had your chance. Fuck out of here. Great pop for The Stinger too. 

Not a great show but some awesome segments. I am officially all in on the Rumble although lets be honest, it's really my favorite PPV of the year. I'd never miss that shit lol

That ending was hype as shit. Brock is a face, just like that.

Funny how letting someone just run into a group of bad guys and start fighting them without fear has that effect. 

It's almost like an easy and obvious formula that should be un-fuckup-able.

• Like 9

So we are done pretending that Ascension is going to get something out of this angle right?

They will.

A Tag Title run in TNA next year.

The funny thing is Viktor and Connor sound like TNA names.

What will they be called? The Risers?

Bryan is the new Foley, not Ambrose. Suicidal bastard.

Brock finally getting to kick ass was awesome. Flair is still crazy (he bumped and Ron Simmons didn't even bust out a Dominator. no fair) and I think Michaels fell off the wagon hanging out with him. Stephanie now officially has X-Pac heat with me to where I will change the channel to avoid looking at her. 

• Like 1