DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble 2015

Matt D

Very strange Rumble. Bryan getting eliminated and it hardly being treated like a big deal, just a random bumped off the apron elimination. Killed the crowd for the rest of the Rumble as expected. Early stuff was fun though. Bubba Ray was an awesome surprise, looked great and I hope he's back for good. Wyatt even looked strong/solid for once, cool interactions with Harper & Rowan. Always wish there was more surprises than there is. Weird ending with Rusev disappearing and coming back. Feel bad for Reigns. Rock got pops for his moves but booed for any interaction with Reigns.

Title match was absolutely awesome. So many great near falls. Brock looked like such a killer, that it shouldn't take anything less than all those spots to eventually take him down for the title. Loved Cena's 3 AAs in a row. Rollins busting out his super move in the Phoenix Splash looked amazing. Rollins' springboard into the F5 ruled. Great finish.

Tag titles match was another real fun match with those teams. Shame they didn't do much of anything with Miz & Mizdow in the Rumble, so much potential for hilarious spots there.

Forgot to mention the preshow, really good tag. Cool to see Cesaro & Kidd get a win, them vs the Usos would be an awesome PPV match instead of going with Usos/Ascension.

Sign me up for the Brock Lesnar Samoan Smashing Tour '15

Brock Lesnar could make a Samoan sell a headbutt.

I think the worst part is I can't think of a single way Reigns can beat Brock that wouldn't feel cheap as shit. No combo of his offense I could buy putting Lesnar down. Bryan could fly at him from all over, and use submission offense, but Reigns? He can't out strike Brock, and all he has is strikes.

a spear to a guy whose ribs were "broken" tonight. That could work.

But all you need is a flash where something "goes wrong" and Brock is down for 3. I'd recommend that he figure out some other moves though

• Like 1

Re: Cena outwrestling Angle on the mat

I've always felt that Angle always wanting to do that with guys he feuded with, no matter who or how ridiculous, kinda tells you everything you need to know about Angle as a worker.

I remember one of Cena's biggest issues at the time was that they kept putting him in there with guys like Angle, Jericho, and Triple H and the IWC and casual fans didn't think he could work. I recall that promo Triple H cut on him right before their Mania match where people on here said he went "ass to mouth" on Cena and started all the "you can't wrestle" stuff being a huge tipping point for Cena's reaction.

People cancelling at the end of January where they're allegedly giving February for free is pretty weak.

People are just talking smack about cancelling.  Either they'll keep it for the archives and WM or they'll wind up re-subbin for WM.  Either way--it's hot air.

As someone who us subscribed after my first 6 months and have no interest in re-subscribing, I think your full of shit.

Well, I haven't used the bathroom in a few hours.  How'd you know that?

alstein, on 26 Jan 2015 - 01:17 AM, said:

You know what, Rusev vs Lesnar would have been super-awesome.  The two super-athletes, USA vs Russia.  Rocky IV montages.

Not to mention Heyman/ Lana promos. The whole thing would be glorious.

I just realized something. Paul Heyman is going to incinerate Roman Reigns during the next two months. Unless Rock is coming back to manage him...even if Heyman phones in his promos he'll still torch Roman.

DO THESE PEOPLE NOT THINK???

That's not how Heyman operates. He's going to build him up, like he tried to do with Cena.

Superman punch + spear + 12 gauge = eh, maybe.

And none of Reigns big offense works well with weapons either. I mean he can Spear him through a table, but even that feels cheap at an ending to a Mania main event match.

Reigns could put on a GT helmet and shoulderpads and spear Lesnar

• Like 1

I just realized something. Paul Heyman is going to incinerate Roman Reigns during the next two months. Unless Rock is coming back to manage him...even if Heyman phones in his promos he'll still torch Roman.

DO THESE PEOPLE NOT THINK???

That's not how Heyman operates. He's going to build him up, like he tried to do with Cena.

Heyman is going to need a new stable to make this work though.  Words won't be enough.  One way or another they have to kill the shit out or Reigns for the next two months if there's any hope of making people like him even a little.  Apart from being injured for awhile, he just hasn't faced much in terms of adversity.  He needs to suffer even 10% of what Bryan has suffered.

Problem is Brock won't be there right?  So sure maybe have Brock kill the Rock and the Usos at some point.  But who is going to beat the shit out of Roman every week?  If anyone says Big Show and Kane I'm going to fucking die.

• Like 2

People are just talking smack about cancelling.  Either they'll keep it for the archives and WM or they'll wind up re-subbin for WM.  Either way--it's hot air.

I'm sure there will be angry cancellations, but prob not enough to make a noticeable difference.

(But i have never subscribed, so my pov may be skewed.)