DVDVR Message Board

2013-2014 COLLEGE BASKETBALL THREAD

RIPPA

The fact that people are calling him "the #1 Texas Tech super fan" makes me want to support Smart more because he is getting off on all the attention and those kind of fans are usually the most unstable

That being said the powder keg of Marcus Smart has been brewing for a while. 

I do hate that the 4 letter is making a huge deal out of the super fan flipping off and dropping a F bomb on a Texas A&M player a couple years ago.  If that is considered "over the line" then I would have been banned from most arenas in the DC/Maryland area

I do hate that the 4 letter is making a huge deal out of the super fan flipping off and dropping a F bomb on a Texas A&M player a couple years ago.  If that is considered "over the line" then I would have been banned from most arenas in the DC/Maryland area

I understand what your saying but I think the point is this wasn't this guys first 'issue' with other players.

I know it's not legally right to touch fans and vice versa so I know the suspension is coming, but I do get a kick out of some people asking the 19-year old to act like a professional, mind you, he doesn't get paid to be one, and calmly turn the other cheek to the much older white dude's ignorance and lack of class.

I'm sure the "fan" said something disgusting, so it will diminish the suspension, but it will be a tough precedent to set to allow a player to touch a fan and not be suspended. Its not like they can fine him. . . 

..but the other side to that is these "fans" are pushing the envelope further and further without consequence.

I'm sure the "fan" said something disgusting, so it will diminish the suspension, but it will be a tough precedent to set to allow a player to touch a fan and not be suspended. Its not like they can fine him. . . 

..but the other side to that is these "fans" are pushing the envelope further and further without consequence.

I wouldn't object to stripping  his seats for a year or two, or life. . . 

Marcus Smart has been given a 3 game suspension for shoving the Texas Tech #1 Superfan, who may or may not have called him the n word and may or may not have told him to go back to Africa. 

Marcus Smart has been given a 3 game suspension for shoving the Texas Tech #1 Superfan, who may or may not have called him the n word and may or may not have told him to go back to Africa.

The best part is next to you see the video watch the lady to the right of Super Fan #1, while he's saying what ever he's saying, she nodding and clapping then the second Smart touches Super Fan #1 she starts pointing and looking around like Smart knocked the guy out.

What bothers me is some folks are trying to turn this into a Malice in the Palace scenario, ignoring that Smart fell into the stands during a play as opposed to jumping over a table to get at the fan, and that no other OK State players went into the stands.  The situation is already bad, don't make it worse. That's a lost cause, I realize.

Without the instigation, the suspension probably would have been a lot longer. EDIT: Reading now that that mr fat asshole called him a "piece of crap". IF that's all, Smart should probably have played his last college game. The pushing wouldn't have been justified by a racial slur, but it would have been understandable. 3 games seems really light now. . . 

I won't deny that I did similar back when I was in college but...

It IS over the line.  Guys shouldn't have to put up with f-bombs, being flipped off or whatever while trying to play.

If Smart really was set off by someone calling him "a piece of crap" (which I don't buy for a nanosecond despite the Techsters trying to white-knight Orr), then he won't last one season in the NBA.

I went to the WSU/LU game last night.  Van Vleet was fucking king sized, making all kinds of circus shots and rebounding well.  Loyola has a couple of guys who can play, particularly Milton Doyle.  They play hard, they just don't have a ton of talent.

I really, really liked Loyola's arena.  It's tiny (4500 seats or so), but tickets are cheap, it's newly-renovated, the student section is loud, and they sell beer.  If you get a chance to see a game there I highly recommend it.

It's on, Pete.

And for 20 minutes or so, it was. :) I'm just glad we didn't embarrass ourselves... getting on ESPN with a hot crowd is a great recruiting tool, even if it means being on the business end of a game like that.

It's going to be hysterical when Wichita State is put up against someone like Indiana or Harvard in the first round of the tournament and promptly get booted. 

Indiana getting a #16 seed. Cheers for the laugh!