DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Would you trust one of the divas with a real chainsaw though?

The best part of GLOW was that story of Mando Guerrero choking out one of the women to earn "respect" from the other women and Lisa Moretti was the only one who wasn't scared shitless.

*edit*

"best" probably isn't the word some people would use..

• Like 1

Speaking of women on film...Does anyone know much many films Chyna has sold? Her first film sold over 100,000 copies. Does anyone know the sales of the other 5 films?

We're being pretty lenient on the definition of "film" now...

• Like 2

Speaking of women on film...Does anyone know much many films Chyna has sold? Her first film sold over 100,000 copies. Does anyone know the sales of the other 5 films?

We're being pretty lenient on the definition of "film" now...

And 'women'.

• Like 1

Going back to the Lipsticks and Dynamite film, the best story besides the legend of Mae Young was the fact that most of them had stage names because their real names were too long to sign a bunch of autographs at once.

Fucking carnies. I love it.

In other Diva news, I just recently found out that Summer Rae used to play women's football. Why on earth isn't something like that ever mentioned by WWE? It is almost as if they want their talents to be taken as a joke. I know if EYE had someone on my roster that was a former "pro football player" I damn sure would at least mention it. I found out from damn Total Divas.

Going back to the Lipsticks and Dynamite film, the best story besides the legend of Mae Young was the fact that most of them had stage names because their real names were too long to sign a bunch of autographs at once.

Fucking carnies. I love it.

The best part was them tiptoing around Moolah and Mae being a couple and Diamond Lil being what the board once called "a living dildo."

• Like 2

In other Diva news, I just recently found out that Summer Rae used to play women's football. Why on earth isn't something like that ever mentioned by WWE? It is almost as if they want their talents to be taken as a joke. I know if EYE had someone on my roster that was a former "pro football player" I damn sure would at least mention it. I found out from damn Total Divas.

If only JR was still there to put over her gridiron career.

IWA-MS has put up a bunch of matches recently. I think the fans voted the best 25 the company ever had and they put them up. Some good stuff in there. Joe vs. Hero, Joe vs. Necro, Necro vs. Low-Ki, Punk vs. Hero, Punk vs. Hero, Punk vs. Hero....

And some Eddie Guerrero too.

Yeah, they had Punk vs. Eddy vs. (maskless) Rey on there.

Can one of the board vets add their two cents on this particular Punk-Hero match? Their opinion is worth far more than my own.

I don't know if I qualify as a board vet, but I don't think the 90 minute Punk Hero match has aged well at all. I think lengthier matches have a tendency to highlight the worst habits of both participants. Notably, during this feud in which the matches just seemingly got longer and longer, the drama never seemed to focus on the outcome, but instead on how long they were going yo put off the outcome. I think a lot of the super Indy stuff of this time period suffers from being overly exhibitionist, and that issue is prevalent throughout this. Obviously you have two talented performers who are really comfortable with one another, so there are great moments, but in between those moments are long stretches in which the only purpose is to impress. I thought that was awesome 10 years ago, and so did a lot of other people, but I think personally I have grown to value brevity a tad more than I did back then.

• Like 1