DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Yeah Cobra, I remembered that as soon as I posted. I tried editing it before anyone saw it but I wasn't quick enough. 

As for HHH's accent, only in WCW or TNA would that be allowed. For all of the flak that Vince gets, he probably wouldn't let that air. 

Was HHH going for a South African accent?

I remember reading that workout book Triple H put out and he also told stories about his career up to that point and he said WCW wanted him to be a French aristocrat. With a French sounding last name they just assumed he was French (or maybe French Canadian) and could speak it. So he was like "the last name Levesque is common up there...like Smith". So they had to improvise on the character.

So that's how he ended up with Regal as a blue blood. Totally WCW type deal. Like how Dusty made Marc Mero into Little Richard because he looked a lot like him.

A friend of mine Facebook-statuses that she may have found Her calling after watching an unnamed show on female wrestlers.

So that reminded me of a hypothetical gimmick... The freeloading male-bf type. Inspired by the several valets that got into Wrestling thru their significant other. Essentially this idea involves a dude who doesn't actually wrestle or "know anything" about wrestling but does accompany his woman to the ring and coasts on her glory. The First Dude, in other words.

So I'm guessing TotalDivas is inspiring the masses

A friend of mine Facebook-statuses that she may have found Her calling after watching an unnamed show on female wrestlers.

So that reminded me of a hypothetical gimmick... The freeloading male-bf type. Inspired by the several valets that got into Wrestling thru their significant other. Essentially this idea involves a dude who doesn't actually wrestle or "know anything" about wrestling but does accompany his woman to the ring and coasts on her glory. The First Dude, in other words.

So I'm guessing TotalDivas is inspiring the masses

Tyson Kidd on line one.

• Like 2

Gonna take a shot at letting Raw record tonight.  I know that I'm weak-willed and easily led(tm Regal) and I doubt it'll last long, but:

a ) I don't get enough sleep in general and turning in early would do me some good
b ) Fast-forwarding through promo segments will help me get through the show faster.  I was already at the point where I listened to the show from another room during non-wrestling segments.

So, yeah, see you next week.

Gonna take a shot at letting Raw record tonight. I know that I'm weak-willed and easily led(tm Regal) and I doubt it'll last long, but:

a ) I don't get enough sleep in general and turning in early would do me some good

b ) Fast-forwarding through promo segments will help me get through the show faster. I was already at the point where I listened to the show from another room during non-wrestling segments.

So, yeah, see you next week.

Smart choice. Believe me, Raw is much more enjoyable when you skip 50%.

• Like 2

Don't you dare insult the Devastation Corporation. And CHIKARA definitely isn't "bush league", so The Ascension don't belong there. TNA, sure. CHIKARA? No.

Okay. I didn't really mean to insult CHIKARA, but they do specialize in goofy meta stuff. The Ascension would be TNA champs in a week.